+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: It could have been much worse

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Cheers Stagnificent for the supportive words.
    I would agree with you there, Stagnificent has my full respect for his comments. He's enjoying the moment to the max as he fully deserves to, but with a degree of dignity instead of gloating.

UPDATE.

Stags, this morning, have announced that after about 20 years, our fans will be allowed back in our traditional end, the North Stand for the game against FGR. This is something the fans have been denied for years by local police and politicians.

There's a strong suggestion that the relationship with our local MPs has helped bring this about. Now I detest 30p Lee as much as the next sane person, but I won't hear a word against the Radfords who, by hook or by crook, are giving us back everything that was taken from us under Haslam.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    UPDATE.

Stags, this morning, have announced that after about 20 years, our fans will be allowed back in our traditional end, the North Stand for the game against FGR. This is something the fans have been denied for years by local police and politicians.

There's a strong suggestion that the relationship with our local MPs has helped bring this about. Now I detest 30p Lee as much as the next sane person, but I won't hear a word against the Radfords who, by hook or by crook, are giving us back everything that was taken from us under Haslam.
    How's that gonna work then? Swapping stands with the away fans or a partition in the North Stand?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    How's that gonna work then? Swapping stands with the away fans or a partition in the North Stand?
    Partition, which we were always told wasn't possible due to one set of facilities in the stand. Not sure how they'll do it, but they're trialling it against FGR. I can't imagine they'll be able to for bigger away followings and don't worry, you'll still get the full stand I'm sure.

UPDATE.

You'll beat Forest Green easily.

Partition, which we were always told wasn't possible due to one set of facilities in the stand. Not sure how they'll do it, but they're trialling it against FGR. I can't imagine they'll be able to for bigger away followings and don't worry, you'll still get the full stand I'm sure.
    If you wanted the North Stand so badly and it was traditionally yours, why not just swap stands? Or stick the away mob in a corner of the Main Stand? That's what Lincoln do, or at least they used to. 2 sets of fans and one set of facilities does not sound like the best idea I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    If you wanted the North Stand so badly and it was traditionally yours, why not just swap stands? Or stick the away mob in a corner of the Main Stand? That's what Lincoln do, or at least they used to. 2 sets of fans and one set of facilities does not sound like the best idea I've ever heard.
    They used to but I think the council told them in 2004 they had to change because I remember sitting in the Quarry Lane End watching Notts there in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    They used to but I think the council told them in 2004 they had to change because I remember sitting in the Quarry Lane End watching Notts there in 2003.
    Well, given the alternative marky, ie: 2 sets of fans and 1 bog, I would imagine swapping stands is a far better solution.

and don't worry, you'll still get the full stand I'm sure.
    Not sure I can face watching another capitulation at Field Mill!!! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Not sure I can face watching another capitulation at Field Mill!!! 😂
    I'll be trying to get a ticket even though I know the drive home might not be a pleasant one.

I hope we do get the whole of the North Stand. The bogs there make the ones at Meadow Lane seem luxury, and the thought of sharing them with Stags fans isn't a pleasant one!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast