+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Matty Palmer

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Possibly. I think we've got two or three "centre-halves" now who are good enough footballers to move further forward if needed. In fact, my biggest concern about some of them has been whether they're really defenders a all, in terms of natural defensive instincts.
    Including the 2 keepers as well!

Notts County Zone
    @NottsCountyZone
    🚨| Notts now have just 16 first team players at their disposal
    5:04 PM · Nov 3, 2023
    ·
    Views

Very disappointed for MP and the club.

every club, actually every business, has problems and it's how well they respond to them that is the mark of their quality. No doubt this will be a real test of LW and the Bros, AND the rest of the squad, but - and I'm no happy clapper - I have a lot of confidence in them to find a way forwards. I'm not giving up on promotion yet.

Agree with the others that Austin could well be very interesting in that role. Otherwise, this is also a stress test for Radar.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Possibly. I think we've got two or three "centre-halves" now who are good enough footballers to move further forward if needed. In fact, my biggest concern about some of them has been whether they're really defenders a all, in terms of natural defensive instincts.
    Well tomorrow is a good opportunity to start trying some things out.

Gutted.

Absolutely terrible news, the best player in our squad and this happens but the only bit of hope is that LW pulled a rabbit out of the hat with Bostock and I trust he can do the same again, the squad is so thin now we need more than 1 player in at this point.. if Randall wasn't made of chocolate I would like to see what he could do in there.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Including the 2 keepers as well!

Notts County Zone
    @NottsCountyZone
    ��| Notts now have just 16 first team players at their disposal
    5:04 PM · Nov 3, 2023
    ·
    Views

Opportunity might knock for some our young professionals too. The classic "not quite ready yet / one for the future" blah blah argument doesn't hold at times like this. I remember when John Barnwell didn't think Tommy Johnson, Mark Draper and Paul Barnes were quite ready, but Neil Warnock thought differently!

no sugar coating it, this is a disaster for the team and the club.

Hopefully our magical recruitment can shine through again, and in the mean time the team can struggle on.

Absolutely gutted to have lost Palmer for the season. IMO our beating heart in the team who will be sorely missed

I think JOB and Austin will start in the middle tomorrow with Tipton Baldwin and Macari at the back
    Mcgoldrick, Crowley and Lagstaff up too

Hopefully those those two in the center can hold the fort long enough for Bostock to be fit in a couple of weeks and to also give us time to add in that position in the meantime

We are waifer thin at the back also with Brindley, Chicksen and possibly Cameron injured , so pushing Macari or Tipton into midfield doesn't seem an option

The obvious replacement for Palmer is Dan Crowley. He has all the skills necessary to be the midfield dynamo.

Quote Originally Posted by salmagundi View Post
    The obvious replacement for Palmer is Dan Crowley. He has all the skills necessary to be the midfield dynamo.
    Can't argue with that. DC does seem to have had a couple of fruitless games working with Nemane on the right so no massive loss if he were to go midfield.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast