+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T fishing with Whitehouse & Mortimer

O/T fishing with Whitehouse & Mortimer

What a find this has been. I must have been living under a rock as the programme seems to be years old.

I never really "got" Paul Whitehouse before. He always seemed in the shadow of Enfield and seemed to force his comedy a bit but this series where he and Bob Mortimer go fishing together is almost hypnotic coupled with some absolute belly laughs.

Its all based in the UK and some of the places they visit, the scenery is stunning.

Particular favourite is where they find Ted (who is their doggy companion) celebrating his 10th birthday by himself donning a party hat listening to garage.

Quote Originally Posted by BARBaggies82 View Post
    What a find this has been. I must have been living under a rock as the programme seems to be years old.

I never really "got" Paul Whitehouse before. He always seemed in the shadow of Enfield and seemed to force his comedy a bit but this series where he and Bob Mortimer go fishing together is almost hypnotic coupled with some absolute belly laughs.

Its all based in the UK and some of the places they visit, the scenery is stunning.

Particular favourite is where they find Ted (who is their doggy companion) celebrating his 10th birthday by himself donning a party hat listening to garage.
    I have heard Zoe Ball on Radio Two talk favorably about this program, (I don’t listen to Radio Two much now, but that’s another story) and I have seen a little bit of the odd episode. It does seem a good watch but I have never watched a whole episode so I may give it a go now on your recommendation.

Smashing programme. Beautiful scenery, and lovely banter concerning getting old and ailments. They stay at some fantastic places. Well worth watching. Its a bit of gently sanity in a world that is totally batsh*t.

I love it, have watched them all and eagerly await the Christmas special - the way the music is paired with the settings is excellent and Spotify has a list of every piece. You cannot help but relax and find some peace watching it.

Bar, thanks again for the heads up re this program. I’m into the second series now, watching it a couple of times a week to eek the whole of it out. It is an absolute great watch. Although she said initially ‘it was not her cup of tea,’ even my good lady is enjoying it. As said before, they do make you laugh and the scenery is spectacular.

Thanks also to WCV. We are avid music listeners, music of all kinds, so I look forward to listening to the music tracks from this program on Spotify. It might be our Sunday afternoon listen while the roast is in the oven.

Fishing not really my thing at all but you lot have persuaded me to give the program a go now

"Don't wind Bob!!"

....as Mortimer is blatantly winding the reel 😆

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)