+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Karl Robinson being interviewed today?

Quote Originally Posted by kentmillerman View Post
    Have to say Karl Robinson having never met but not for me. As yourself in my line of work, I have to speak with head coaches and some players, (not got to stage speaking with chairmen and their minions). Respect your views but, not having met RUFC chairman/custodian, I have this thought Mr Stuart will go for the cheap option.
    I have not met Mr Stewart either but from what I hear I think your assessment will be correct.

I would not be at all surprised if the current caretaker manages to get 4 points from the next 2 fixtures he will find himself appointed. Failing that it will be Robinson or Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    For different reasons to Ainsworth, KR also not up to Championship standard. Would be a poor message to fans by the club if he was appointed. How can he be a better fit than MT. Wouldn’t make sense. No reason to think he isn’t a decent fella but he’s sub Championship manager material. Better as someone’s No.2 and that can be taken whichever way you want🤣
    Nice to see you back posting Pete and I hope you are keeping well. I have to agree with you, it would be a poor message to fans. The whole situation is a shambles and we are fast becoming a joke, we are run like a non-league outfit.

Carlisle will be in chargefor the next 2 then Richardson will be appointed. Obv only my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    "The managers we want don't want us". how do you know this? Do you have access to a list of managers that applied and then refused to be interviewed? We have only statred interviews this week so unless TS is lying, nobody that applied has been offered the job and refused us
    Warnock said no

The ex birmingham manager bet you £100 we don't appoint him.

Apart from maybe Evans do we want anyone else from that dross list

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Warnock said no

The ex birmingham manager bet you £100 we don't appoint him.

Apart from maybe Evans do we want anyone else from that dross list
    So complete speculation then, no evidence that a group of managers have turned us down. Warnock has said he only wants a role from February for family reasons. Why do our own fans have such a low opinion of our club

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    So complete speculation then, no evidence that a group of managers have turned us down. Warnock has said he only wants a role from February for family reasons. Why do our own fans have such a low opinion of our club
    Nobody knows who’s is coming in . That’s the frustrating part for a few on here . Just let the owner make his choice and support whoever it is . Bookies know nothing , they throw a few names out there and people get sucked in by managers who probably won’t even be interviewed or even interested in the job .

Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    Nobody knows who’s is coming in . That’s the frustrating part for a few on here . Just let the owner make his choice and support whoever it is . Bookies know nothing , they throw a few names out there and people get sucked in by managers who probably won’t even be interviewed or even interested in the job .
    Karl Robinson was at the Leeds game allegedly, so sounds like he is on the interview list.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Karl Robinson was at the Leeds game allegedly, so sounds like he is on the interview list.
    Allegedly , but sounds like he’s on the interview list . Ok I will think about that one. 👍

To be fair the local press have said Nathan Jones has distanced himself from the opportunity too.
    They have also said appointing SE is looking unlikely

Accepted that it’s guesswork to a degree on their part too and also that things can change though

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    To be fair the local press have said Nathan Jones has distanced himself from the opportunity too.
    They have also said appointing SE is looking unlikely

Accepted that it’s guesswork to a degree on their part too and also that things can change though
    It is guess work, you are correct. I just wish we wouldn't keep putting ourselves down, we moan about being called Toytown and yet at every opportunity we have fans on discussion boards play up to that name. As sky said at the leeds game, Rotherham is a good job a good opportunity with a good chairman. Yes some managers might not fancy it, that says more about them than us, and do we want a manager that thinks he is better than us or that it is too hard a job, sounds like an arrogant loser to me (Mr jackett). Now if nathan Jones has distanced himself then it is very unlikely he applied or he did apply and the preliminary talks that Scott had with him did not go well, let us not assume if that is the case it is because of us, it might be because of him. We are a good option for a manager that likes a challenge and wants to show what they are capable of, i am annoyed about the length of time we are taking, but we have to let the owners run the club, I just don't want us going back to previous managers or taking the cheap internal option. I am not attacking any individual poster because we all do the "little Rotherham" at some point, but I am pleading with you all, let us believe in our club and our owners.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast