+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross-county- Aberdeen

I thought we would struggle today playing with a back 4 today but I was clearly wrong.

Wouldn’t be the first time mind you.

Sounds like it was a good performance as well as a good result.Could really be doing with a couple of wide players this month though.

If only Bazza had thought of changing from a back five months ago, we'd be comfortably in the top six.

I wanted to see a change in tactics and a team up for the fight - both were there tonight

Its clear the team is behind Barry but were probably as frustrated as us with the crap formation

Hopefully he lets the boys play and has finally given up the 5 at the back for good

We were good all over the park. Wide players? Sounds like Vicente is away which is a shame as I think he'd do well in the 3 behind the striker

Duncan could do well in there too and even Duk in behind the striker could work?

The next three games after the break are season defining - get points in those and 3rd place is definitely on, unfortunately Hearts continue to pick up points. Keeping everything crossed that Shankland goes and Miovski stays.

Great to see he finally resorted to a back 4. Expect he had to be dragged kicking and screaming before he did so. Like other posters on this board I fear he will revert to the useless back 3 and 5 formations in the near future. If he sticks to a back 4 and we continue to get results it will show how useless his tactics and formations have been over recent months but if he reverts and results are poor he will deservedly get the sack.

Only caught the highlights but a much improved performance today and more importantly a big 3 points going into the winter break.
    Well done Dons and Bazza for learning from mistakes changing to a back four.

A lot of people are getting really obsessed with this 3 at the back / 4 at the back formations.

Most of the teams in the SPFL play with 3 at the back,Scotland play with 3 at the back as well yet there is never any complaints about that.

It’s great we won today playing with a back 4 but I think it’s more to do with the players desire and attitude over the formation.

From what I've seen, the back 3/4 debate is heightened by the fact that our full backs look much better suited to a 4, particularly Devlin.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    From what I've seen, the back 3/4 debate is heightened by the fact that our full backs look much better suited to a 4, particularly Devlin.
    I thought Rubezic also looked more comfortable and efficient in a back 4 today ..... I feared he would be exposed and do something stupid, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    A lot of people are getting really obsessed with this 3 at the back / 4 at the back formations.

Most of the teams in the SPFL play with 3 at the back,Scotland play with 3 at the back as well yet there is never any complaints about that.

It’s great we won today playing with a back 4 but I think it’s more to do with the players desire and attitude over the formation.
    So what if most teams in Scotland play with 3/5 at the back. Everybody could see it wasn't working for us, except the over promoted caretaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    So what if most teams in Scotland play with 3/5 at the back. Everybody could see it wasn't working for us, except the over promoted caretaker.
    I’ve got no problem with us continuing with the formation today but it doesn’t mean we are going to play like we did today and win every game.

We have played 4-2-3-1 under previous managers and people used to moan about that formation as well.

Anyway on a scale to 1-10 how annoyed was you today that we won and played well so you couldn’t come on here and moan?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast