+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfers & Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    "If we’re ambitious enough, then that is what will happen."
    Was going to say before; was this a challenge to the Bros or a knowing set up for "There you go supporters, we are ambitious?
    I wouldn’t call signing a U21 player with barely any men’s football experience ambitious to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    I wouldn’t call signing a U21 player with barely any men’s football experience ambitious to be honest.
    I would agree. Not saying the lad is poor by any stretch, but what he isn’t is a bona fide first teamer, coming in to solidify the defence, which is desperately needed.
    Brindley has shown he’s not up to it and we need a commanding player to lead the line imo.

The fact that there are reportedly a few clubs after him (including L1?) suggests he’s a very decent prospect and not as much of a gamble as someone like Tipton was. I’ve read quite a few Norwich fans on Twitter bemoaning the fact that he’s not already in their side, which is a very good sign.

What’s obvious, though, is that if we bring players in on loan this month, they need to be able to improve the team immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post

What’s obvious, though, is that if we bring players in on loan this month, they need to be able to improve the team immediately.
    That's the thing we can't wait 2 months for them to "get up to speed" They need to be able to come straight in. Otherwise it's goodbye play offs.

I think we have already accepted the fact we are not going to go up this season, Thats why any new incomings will be loan players just to bolster the squad.
    We will wait until the season ends before rebuilding a squad good enough to challenge for automatic next season..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I think we have already accepted the fact we are not going to go up this season, Thats why any new incomings will be loan players just to bolster the squad.
    We will wait until the season ends before rebuilding a squad good enough to challenge for automatic next season..
    I’ve heard this morning that Mansfield and Notts have both enquired about taking Lee Gregory on loan from Sheffield Wednesday.
    Personally, I’m not taking it seriously it must be a load of **** because his age (35) and his wages must be far beyond our budget.

I’ve heard this morning that Mansfield and Notts have both enquired about taking Lee Gregory on loan from Sheffield Wednesday.
    Personally, I’m not taking it seriously it must be a load of **** because his age (35) and his wages must be far beyond our budget.
    Sheff Weds are up **** creak without a paddle. We wouldn’t have to pay his wages in full and Sheff Weds may take a 2k a week contribution to reduce losses.
    Not saying the rumour is true or if Notts are even in for him, but I wouldn’t dismiss because it seems unaffordable, especially if the rumour I saw about Macca having a release clause that is to be activated by a Championship club turns out to be true.

Yeah think LW probably means bringing a few players in and reading it doesnt give the context of seeing him saying it.

All signings are a risk he could be a Grealish or a Tipton that is the reality but the signs are good with what their fans are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I think there's a chance we make the playoffs if we bring some decent players in this January, but I don't think we're strong enough to win them. I'm caught between wanting to get promoted and realising that we'd probably be better off spending another season in L2 and mounting a genuine challenge for the auto spots next season. We'd have to have such a massive rehaul this summer if we somehow went up.

Teams like Luton and Lincoln spent multiple seasons in L2 after getting promoted from the NL. They went up when they were good and ready, and that made it easier for them to establish themselves in L1.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 03-01-2024 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Sheff Weds are up **** creak without a paddle. We wouldn’t have to pay his wages in full and Sheff Weds may take a 2k a week contribution to reduce losses.
    Not saying the rumour is true or if Notts are even in for him, but I wouldn’t dismiss because it seems unaffordable, especially if the rumour I saw about Macca having a release clause that is to be activated by a Championship club turns out to be true.
    Macca might have a release clause, but it will be for an eye watering amount

Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast