+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 57 of 88 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

These are professionals. This is a job for them, no more no less. They may enjoy it more at one club or another, much as the rest of us would enjoy working for one company or another, but the loyalty stops there much in the same way it does for all of us in our jobs. They have a very different perspective than we do, and aren't nearly as emotionally invested as us.
    The players know and understand the situation and none of them would pass up the chance to further their career. Some will be having conversations themselves (Macca and Coventry maybe), Nemane as mentioned above. So, from their point of view I can't see it will make much difference after a short period of adjustment. They will just crack on once things have settled down again... how long that will take will depend on how LW handles the conversations in the dressing room.

How it will affect LW himself is a different matter, and that would depend on why the deal fell through (if it does). If he called it off, then I think it enhances his position - I came, I saw, I prefer what I have. If Swansea call it off then there will be disappointment, if Notts refuse to play ball then there could be resentment.

I can't see it falling through at this stage, although I would have expected an announcement by now if things were running smoothly.

I just wish it's sorted today, this dragging on is no good for our club or fans in what is a very important January window.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    It would be really difficult though. Other clubs would know that he's willing to at least consider leaving Notts.

Don't think the Nemane situation can be compared - his contract had come to an end, and one player can't be seen the same as the head coach.

I just wish we could hear one way or the other. At least we don't have a game tomorrow.
    They would also know that their offer has to be significantly superior to Swansea's to tempt him given there is a personal element to returning to South Wales that other sides other than Bristol, Newport and Cardiff don't have.

It would be really difficult though. Other clubs would know that he's willing to at least consider leaving Notts.

Don't think the Nemane situation can be compared - his contract had come to an end, and one player can't be seen the same as the head coach.

I just wish we could hear one way or the other. At least we don't have a game tomorrow.
    Every manager is open to a move if the deal is right.

If Brighton manager as an example was offered the Arsenal job ....what do you think he would do ?

Yeah I agree we need it clearing up but with no game we have time I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Every manager is open to a move if the deal is right.

If Brighton manager as an example was offered the Arsenal job ....what do you think he would do ?

Yeah I agree we need it clearing up but with no game we have time I guess.
    We have time on our side... Swansea have the time pressure to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    They would also know that their offer has to be significantly superior to Swansea's to tempt him given there is a personal element to returning to South Wales that other sides other than Bristol, Newport and Cardiff don't have.
    It seems to me that the deal to be concluded is possibly between the clubs, rather than personally with him.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Not sure why people keep saying his position is "untenable" if a move falls through, how he hasnt said a single negative word.

In the summer Nemane was talking to other clubs as a free agent but still signed up here.

Also he will only want to leave when a job comes up is fine by me as it will mean he is doing a good job.....I mean nobody wanted to take Fullarton off our hands did they ??!!
    I think it's not that he couldn't stay, it's just his head has been turned, the players know he has one foot out the door so will performances drop? It's a slippery slope when management loses the dressing room like that

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I think it's not that he couldn't stay, it's just his head has been turned, the players know he has one foot out the door so will performances drop? It's a slippery slope when management loses the dressing room like that
    You obviously are very close to Luke and the players to know how they feel and that he has ‘lost the dressing room’ please tell us more!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Yes but he is human and 99% of people would do exactly the same.

Players like Langstaff/Jones want the same so will be hungry to keep performing.

Most players would understand and they seem to love working for him no chance they just down tools.

It's quite interesting I think .... I did shudder a bit though when Paul Cook's name came up.

Just looked at how the NL is going - Chesterfield are on 2.48 ppg - if they keep that up they will get 114 points, and also score 112 goals. They will also concede 60.
    The thing with the NL this season is it has reduced a bit in standard. Obvs no Notts or Wrexham but also many of the good players from last couple of seasons have found themselves in the EFL. No way Chesterfield achieves those numbers otherwise.

Page 57 of 88 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast