+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anass Zaroury off to Hull.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Is Trafford better than Muric?

Is O'Shea better than THB?

Is Redmond better than Tella?

Is Tresor better than Zaroury?

Is Ramsey better than Massengo?

Obafemi, CJ Egan Riley, Weghorst, Benson, Cork & Muric all left out in the cold.

I'm not at all certain VK has his head screwed on the right way.

Is he over complicating things?
    Very subjective BT.

I think Trafford is better than Muric. Some of Muric’s distribution was poor against Spuds and led to their goal.

We don’t know if THB was available to us. Not a fair comparison.

Tesla was not available to us. Not a fair comparison. We can’t make players sign for us!

Trésor is not a replacement for Zaroury. Odobert and Koleocho are better than Zaroury in my opinion. They offer more of a threat.

I haven’t seen Massengo play, so I can’t comment. I don’t see Ramsey as especially great and certainly no better than Cullen.

Weghorst is away on loan and I believe Cork has been injured.

With a squad of 25 some will not get a look in.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Very subjective BT.

I think Trafford is better than Muric. Some of Muric’s distribution was poor against Spuds and led to their goal.

We don’t know if THB was available to us. Not a fair comparison.

Tesla was not available to us. Not a fair comparison. We can’t make players sign for us!

Trésor is not a replacement for Zaroury. Odobert and Koleocho are better than Zaroury in my opinion. They offer more of a threat.

I haven’t seen Massengo play, so I can’t comment. I don’t see Ramsey as especially great and certainly no better than Cullen.

Weghorst is away on loan and I believe Cork has been injured.

With a squad of 25 some will not get a look in.
    Early in the July window we could have nicked Beyer, Maatsen, Tella & TBH at £15,000,000 each.

I remember distinctly sinkov saying we would have had to spend £60 million just to stand still. I think we have spent over £100 million just to go backwards.

The rumour I heard first was that Hull wanted Benson, then it was Hull wanted Zaroury, then it was Benson again, and this morning it's back to Zaroury. All I'm thinking is that if Hull really wanted Zaroury and a deal was close, then there was no way we would have cup tied him on Fridsy night. The fact that we played Zaroury suggests to me that he's more likely to be staying with us than going out on loan, but as always, what do I know ?

Early in the July window we could have nicked Beyer, Maatsen, Tella & TBH at £15,000,000 each.

I remember distinctly sinkov saying we would have had to spend £60 million just to stand still. I think we have spent over £100 million just to go backwards.
    Can't argue with that, whether we could have landed all four for £60 million is another matter, but we do appear to have spent more and ended up worse. Nothing against James Trafford, he could be a world class keeper in the future, but watching Muric at Spurs, I was left thinking did we really need to lay out all that money for James when keeper was most certainly not a priority.
    Last edited by sinkov; 07-01-2024 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Can't argue with that, whether we could have landed all four for £60 million is another matter, but we do appear to have spent more and ended up worse. Nothing against James Trafford, he could be a world class keeper in the future, but watching Muric at Spurs, I was left thinking did we really need to lay out all that money for James when keeper was most certainly not a priority.
    VK was miffed at not getting Verbruggen and my feelings are this was a knee jerk reaction.We did not need Trafford.£20m could have been spent on a decent striker or attacking midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    VK was miffed at not getting Verbruggen and my feelings are this was a knee jerk reaction.We did not need Trafford.£20m could have been spent on a decent striker or attacking midfielder.
    Just poor recruitment IMHO, a visceral reaction and now to save face we have to play Trafford.

For the record I think young Jimmy is a tremendous prospect but would Dyche play him?

No.

Who is in charge of recruitment....
    Are we still using The Pace Algorithm....
    Tressor, Odobert and Ramsey are having to learn EPL Football on the Hoof, not an ideal situation, and so
    is Kompany, although with his playing experience at this level, you wouldn't think so...
    Bringing Brun larson on for Foster was his only choice, Jayrod ain't up to it now in my oppinion...
    The 3 players I mentioned haven't a clue how to tackle so can't retrieve the ball when losing it...
    Amdouni spends most of the game chasing shadows, and imo is soon for a burn-out...
    Kompany's Pre and Post interviews are getting more bizarre as the weeks go on, what chance have the players
    got understanding his tactics...

Hope is not a plan....

I think I said this before, BT - we may want a player but that does not mean that the present club want to sell or that the player wants to come to sunny Burnley. I don’t think it is quite as simple as saying “we could have nicked……”.

I recall that Maatson did not want to join. Beyer we got (so irrelevant to this discussion). There were many comments on here that Tella might not be physical enough for the PL. Man City may not be ready to sell THB and may want to bring him back.

Not everyone is queuing up to play for Burnley FC.

As Brownhill signed for Wolves yet ? Tied on a couple of weeks ago.......apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    As Brownhill signed for Wolves yet ? Tied on a couple of weeks ago.......apparently.
    Apparently we are exercising the 12 month contract extension.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)