+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The next 4 matches

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I know I am going to be highly criticised for this but here goes anyway.
    I usually sit in the Pavis Block C just a few rows back. The wall of noise coming at me from the Mansfield fans was significantly louder than from the Kop. ( and that was before they scored )
    Now this isn’t a criticism of the Kop because there is a fantastic atmosphere in there. I think it is to do with the design of the stands. The Jimmy Sirrel stand has a low roof and the sound just seems to spill out from it on to the pitch.
    The way some are talking they would be happy with 6000 or 8000 oppo fans in the ground. Selling the 3 points for £££.
    Serious question here for everyone to think on.
    At what level of away support would we lose our home advantage? Assuming of course that we all believe in the concept of home advantage.
    Agree, the Kop was quiet that day, even before things went tits up on the pitch. There was some talk before the Mansfield game of segregating the JS and giving some tickets to home fans, don’t know whether that’s impossible because of lack of demand or Plod putting his foot down. Either way away teams seem to historically get a significant boost from a full JS stand. Whether that’s worth the extra £££ only the club could tell us.

I think Notts fans are relatively quiet both home and away to be fair for whatever reason. Decent following at Tranny but most were sat on their hands. If we could get safe standing into the lower tier of the Kop that’s got to help things.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Wan't the switch originally made because away fans in the Kop were louder than the fans in the JS?
    That’s how I remember it. Maybe the most vocal gang in the Kop are sitting in the wrong part of the stand?

We also have to accept that we have two stands that don’t really make that much noise (I say that as Pavis Stander). In fact, is there ever any singing in the Family Stand? I’ve only been in there once in my lifetime, when I was (unsuccessfully) trying to get one of my kids into football, so have no idea what it’s like in there. It did blow my mind, though, to have just one game where I got a completely new view of the ground, after going since 1977 but never looking from the Meadow Lane end.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I’d like to add that this isn’t just a Notts problem. I watched a fair few games over the weekend and it was noticeable that away followings were generally louder than home support.
    I feel that this is largely down to folk who travel to away games being more vociferous in their support for the team. I don’t know if it’s ale or just the enjoyment of an away day - I know I prefer away games to home because yes it’s a day out but also a siege mentality as we are outnumbered.
    Bang on, any talk of giving up the kop is insane

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    Surely, that is what happens now? At least for those that do not arrive by coach anyway.
    Yeah, seems a strange comment given loads of fans walk back towards the train station.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I know I am going to be highly criticised for this but here goes anyway.
    I usually sit in the Pavis Block C just a few rows back. The wall of noise coming at me from the Mansfield fans was significantly louder than from the Kop. ( and that was before they scored )
    Now this isn’t a criticism of the Kop because there is a fantastic atmosphere in there. I think it is to do with the design of the stands. The Jimmy Sirrel stand has a low roof and the sound just seems to spill out from it on to the pitch.
    The way some are talking they would be happy with 6000 or 8000 oppo fans in the ground. Selling the 3 points for £££.
    Serious question here for everyone to think on.
    At what level of away support would we lose our home advantage? Assuming of course that we all believe in the concept of home advantage.
    We are still in debt as a club from the Munto days so we need all the money we can get I’d imagine.

On the Mansfield game it’s highly likely we wouldn’t be allowed to split the fans in one stand.

Yes there is home advantage and our record shows this but sometimes teams are better than us and Mansfield are definitely better than us right now.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    We are still in debt as a club from the Munto days so we need all the money we can get I’d imagine.
    What are you on about? In debt to whom?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    The milk man derrr

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Check our accounts you can dress it up how you like I believe we still owe £10-12m.

At the minute we can service the debts but if the owners left they likely wouldnt write it off.

IIRC that is 2 million less than the last figure we heard, so progress.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Check our accounts you can dress it up how you like I believe we still owe £10-12m.

At the minute we can service the debts but if the owners left they likely wouldnt write it off.
    They can't take it if it isn't there. Consider it the cost of the season tickets, or their starting valuation shoud the try and sell.

Providing they can sustain the cost of their "season tickets", as appeared to be stated at the last Supporters Forum, then the debt is immaterial. If they leave and no-one pays anything for the club then they've lost it. I don't see what the issue is unless you can dress it up to be something drastic.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast