+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you sign Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes, we held onto him too long.

He stayed lucky with injuries but whilst playing blocked a development route for a younger player
    Which younger players route did he block?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_bukaroo View Post
    Which younger players route did he block?
    Who knows?

There were probably quite a few available on the transfer market in the 20 to 25 age bracket, but whilst Wood was in the squad there would be more resistance to signing such a player.

So he didn’t block anyone’s route it just suits your agenda.

So he didn’t block anyone’s route it just suits your agenda.
    Agenda?

Isn’t our current difficulty down to having a defence full of old, injury prone warhorses?

It’s the Wood theory compounded

Yes, we held onto him too long.

He stayed lucky with injuries but whilst playing blocked a development route for a younger player
    I’m thinking about the influence Richard Wood had not just on the team but the club and the supporters

Quote Originally Posted by Tinribs View Post
    I’m thinking about the influence Richard Wood had not just on the team but the club and the supporters
    Yes good player, good leader, no doubt about that. I just think we held onto him too long

Agenda?

Isn’t our current difficulty down to having a defence full of old, injury prone warhorses?

Yes your agenda against warne, scum posted the same thing on the post match thread which you ignored and didn’t reply to. Having wood here didn’t stop anyone route to development, the fact is there wasnt anyone better that we could either sign or afford. If there was I’m pretty sure that we would have attempted to sign them.

Agenda?

By all means send all the injury prone warhorses to the glue factory , but Morrison is the player with the experience to help the rebuild next season .
    If he wants to sign on our terms

Yes your agenda against warne, scum posted the same thing on the post match thread which you ignored and didn’t reply to. Having wood here didn’t stop anyone route to development, the fact is there wasnt anyone better that we could either sign or afford. If there was I’m pretty sure that we would have attempted to sign them.
    Yep, a less risk averse manager might have done exactly that

Back on topic
    Not for me, I think we need to move on and build for the future.
    We probably don’t need to have a player of his quality in L1 anyway so use the squad place to prepare a younger player for the rigours of the cship. Spend the budget somewhere else
    Coupled with that he,s not resilient too
    I think He’s based in Cardiff so I don’t think he’ll compromise his home life again for L1 anyway. Also a significant drop in wages.
    Another top end L1 club closer to home such as Oxford might take him.
    Wrexham?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast