+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Just 1 Past Player

Don Masson would be my choice. He would be perfect for a possession based team. But if I had a second wish it would be Brian Stubbs for one game only, against Wrexham, to perform his trademark 40 yard sliding tackle on Mullin. Stubbsy Aggro.

The Don would be my choice too.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Short/Yates quality CBs.
    Glad somebody's mentioned Yatesey.

I thought of Iremonger, just for the romance, but can't imagine he'd be very good with his feet in the modern game.

If picking a defender is paramount in present circumstances (and players in their prime extends to their time with other clubs) then it's a no brainer for me. Over 300 apps for Liverpool and a World Cup player with Scotland, Steve Nicol.

Centre backs in their prime ... Sol
    But the one who I would bring back .. The Don.

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    Centre backs in their prime ... Sol.
    Yep, forgot about him. Logically, if it's a defender we need, it has to be Sol Campbell. Can't argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Yep, forgot about him. Logically, if it's a defender we need, it has to be Sol Campbell. Can't argue with that.
    100% loss record with us. We can do better

Jimmy Logan.

I’d go for Martin O’Neill - skillful but energetic midfielder who could give the defence some much-needed cover. At times he felt like a one-man team in our 1983-84 relegation season from the top flight.

If I can't nominate Reuben (too soon?) - then it's Pedro for me.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I’d go for Martin O’Neill - skillful but energetic midfielder who could give the defence some much-needed cover. At times he felt like a one-man team in our 1983-84 relegation season from the top flight.
    With hindsight, we should have made him player manager when Lloyd got sacked, seeing how badly Richie Barker did with what was still a half decent squad.
    He's a regular on talksport now and is very bitter about Fword and their owner, he'll be delighted if they get the points deduction and go down.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast