+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝Stuart Maynard appointed

Does he play 3 at the back?
    He does need a haircut though.
    Good luck Stuart.

You could say we've gone from the Swansea manager to the Wealdstone manager in a matter of days, but I like the fact he's going to continue the possession-based football of LW.

One detail I like is Alves promoted to first team coach. Only 33 now but I think he's one to watch for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    Good luck to him.

Massively overperformed with Wealdstone so interested to see if he can make the step up. The Bros haven't made a poor decision in regard to their managerial appointments so far so let's trust their judgement.
    Burchnall?

A few other points from the official site article worth pointing out:

- Stuart is joined by his assistant Matt Saunders and first team coach Craig Saunders (who together should directly replace Ryan Harley and George Lawtey)

- His deal runs until the end of the 2026-27 season (3.5 years)

- “With Stuart in place, we’re also now in a stronger position to help the squad with additions before the end of the transfer window." - which means we ought to hopefully be seeing multiple signings soon

I just hope everyone gives him a chance to prove himself and we don't collectively lose it if we drop points against teams like Stockport and Mansfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Burchnall?
    Wasnt poor was he though and we did get compo for him so both coaches they selected were poached.

They look at stats/trends/metrics and this guy is obviously high on their list.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Most underwhelming
    Agree especially with a 30% win rate🤦*♂️
    Get behind him though you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Wasnt poor was he though and we did get compo for him so both coaches they selected were poached.

They look at stats/trends/metrics and this guy is obviously high on their list.
    Hmm...the jury's out on that one I'm afraid with regards to Burchnall.

I'm not fussed either way about Maynard. The positive thing for him and the club is that the owners stand by their manager.

As long as he doesn't ask the team to express themselves or be the best they can be I will be happy.

In all seriousness I didn't expect anything much different and this further cements how we are run. The club is a sum of its parts not dependent on one part. So it is perfectly fine not to be overwhelmed by the appointment. I'm not but I also know I won't be massively under whelmed as we won't lose 10 on the bounce like we did with Sheridan. As the club can now make appointments in most positions without too much upheaval. Looking forward to who we can bring in, in the what's left of the transfer window and good luck to this fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Hmm...the jury's out on that one I'm afraid.
    For us he was ok results wise even if he did appear to be abit dull when speaking.

Been far far worse than him here.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast