+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝Stuart Maynard appointed

I am pleased another progressive appointment rather than the old fashioned retreads - good luck to him

Quote Originally Posted by Putney Pie View Post
    Ryan Harley? Woohoo!,
    17 years as a pro, played championship
    Take a peak at our new team's resumes...
    Not sure if it matters, I'm interested in what others say

If that chap who posted that Maynard had not been approached as of Monday is to be believed, then it's probably safe to say he wasn't the first choice, but neither was LW.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Well as long as Maynard wants sum I will be happy. even better if he gives it ya to Stockport.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Can players like Crowley (ex-Arsenal), Bostock (ex-Tottenham), Jodi, Didzy etc be told how to play football by a management team whose careers peaked at Aylesbury and Hemel Hempstead Town? Genuine question.
    I think there’s enough evidence now of successful managers and coaches at the absolutely top level never having played professionally to any standard to know that playing and coaching/managing might as well be viewed as completely separate skills.

Being a decent player probably helps you get a job in the first place, but that’s about it.

I think you’ve been shot down, basically

Just noticed there's a Wealdstone player at the AFCON tournament. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarryn_Allarakhia

Quote Originally Posted by Putney Pie View Post
    I think you’ve been shot down, basically
    How can questions be shot down?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Can players like Crowley (ex-Arsenal), Bostock (ex-Tottenham), Jodi, Didzy etc be told how to play football by a management team whose careers peaked at Aylesbury and Hemel Hempstead Town? Genuine question. The new team are going to walk on to that training ground tomorrow and see players who reached levels they could only dream of

At least IB brought Ross (ex-Rangers) along with him, then Doyle. And LW brought along Ryan Harley.
    Jose Mourinho had an illustrious footballing career, oh wait, no, he didn’t.
    I’m sure Fergie was never as good as the likes of Keane, Beckham, Scholes etc…
    Too much is made of ‘do you know who I’ve played for?’ - I see Rooney got all the respect in the world at Brum.
    The thing with coaching is that in most cases you would never have been as good as the people you coach. Away from footy, who could coach Woods to be better at golf or Djokovic to be better at tennis?
    If he can articulate his ideas properly then he will have no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I think there’s enough evidence now of successful managers and coaches at the absolutely top level never having played professionally to any standard to know that playing and coaching/managing might as well be viewed as completely separate skills.

Being a decent player probably helps you get a job in the first place, but that’s about it.
    Yes I mean we could have employed Wayne Rooney and look at the great jobs Paul Ince and John Sheridan did. Honestly surprised anti_clough as one of the most esteemed posters on the board made the comment.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast