+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vitinho - a mystery to me.

Question Vitinho - a mystery to me.

He is pretty much the most clueless full back I have ever seen.

If I was playing in the same team as him he would get a smack in the mouth to stop him from daydreaming.

Just why VK keeps faith in this lad at full back is really way beyond me.

BT: I can not ever see you as being a manager? Your idea is to use brut force, isn't that some idea from the 1920's and 30's? Football really was primitive in those days ,I thought we had moved on from there?

BT adds: ''If I was playing in the same team as him he would get a smack in the mouth to stop him from daydreaming.'' There you have created internal conflict in your team. Would you expect to win games in such a situation??

Here's what you do BT, you whip the lads off to sunny Spain ,have laughs, drinks ,good fun and bring all back home happy and content. Then you win games !!

If he had got his arse into gear, instead of ambling back upfield after taking that throw in, their second goal would have been ruled out for offside. If Charlie's not fit I'd much rather see Al Dakhil at left-back.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    If he had got his arse into gear, instead of ambling back upfield after taking that throw in, their second goal would have been ruled out for offside. If Charlie's not fit I'd much rather see Al Dakhil at left-back.
    Me too mon ami #. Said exactly the same on your goalie thread.

WTF VK sees in him I will never know.No wonder he was desperate to get Maatsen.Vitinho was not even shining in the Championship never mind the PL.

He should not be playing at fullback but in midfield. Agree Dakhil should be left back and Assignon right back. Yes first half was lousy but the result has to be a pick me up.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)