+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Notts County Players you would like to share a pint with (or have done)

Quote Originally Posted by ReadWarbler View Post
    Didn’t share a pint but Larry Lloyd once threw me out his pub
    Exit stage left pursued by a bouncer ?

Had a fair few shandies with the likes of Mick Leonard, Rachid Harkouk, Pedro et al back in the day but I think a pint with Sir Jimmy and/or Neil Warnock might have been interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Back in the 70s many of the squad would head for Jacky Bells in Netherfield for a late drink after away games, I was lucky enough to be in with John & Pat who ran the pub so often shared a pint & a game of darts with Stubsy & co, happy days. COUP
    I probably met you in there then, I had a few late nights after matches in there, great boozer.

Jimmy did tell me who his best ever signing was although I told him I disagreed, which as long as I bought him another pint he said he would think about before telling me I was still wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Had a fair few shandies with the likes of Mick Leonard, Rachid Harkouk, Pedro et al back in the day but I think a pint with Sir Jimmy and/or Neil Warnock might have been interesting.
    Got to know Rachid quite a bit, best mate of mine was Morrocan, Rachid was a right mess at one stage, an Alchaholic just bumming around the sherwood area.Not seen him for years and years now though.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I remember regularly seeing Jimmy in Lawton's bar at half time during his last few years. He usually ordered a coffee, and more often than not someone in the bar queue would say "Do you want a whisky in that Jim?" Jimmy would give his unique grin and say "Aye, go on then"!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dug Out View Post
    Got to know Rachid quite a bit, best mate of mine was Morrocan, Rachid was a right mess at one stage, an Alchaholic just bumming around the sherwood area.Not seen him for years and years now though.
    I met his Uncle on the North Yorks Railway several years ago and he said Rachid had been through a bad patch (mentioned the white powder). Wiki says he was jailed in 2011 for selling illegal stuff. Such a pity.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I met his Uncle on the North Yorks Railway several years ago and he said Rachid had been through a bad patch (mentioned the white powder). Wiki says he was jailed in 2011 for selling illegal stuff. Such a pity.
    I wasn't going to mention that, but yes, that did happen. He's been to at least one Notts game since his release, a newspaper did an article sat with him at a match v Stags IIRC, but he wasn't impressed with the modern game.

Rach was a very talented and gifted footballer.
    I recall that he appeared before Magistrates after a late night altercation in a burger restaurant , on Clumber Street.
    Rach was alleged to have asked a guy
    " who had ( apparently ) kicked his girlfriend ? "
    The guy replied " it certainly wasn't you you'd have missed !" causing much amusement to the queuing patrons.
    RH had missed a penalty for Notts that afternoon , didn't see the funny side and thumped the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Thanks for sharing this as I've not seen it before. A great performance by Steve Cherry in goal some class saves. I thought some of our shots could have been on target if I'm being critical. It looks like it was a memorable game much like the FA cup game against Man City some 20 years later.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast