+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brindley,Needham ,Stubbs,Worthington

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    We used to go in the old Meadow Lane stand if it was raining. Never cost anything then (1960's). It was always empty and colder in there than outside and the rain battering down on the tin roof! Same as the old County Rd stand, always empty and bloody freezing! I never went in the Main stand.
    You must have been quite privileged then.😀
    I seem to recall a chap sat next to the entrance with a turnstile inside the ground ?
    Having paid the extra , we were given a small printed & numdered card , similar to the business cards you could self print at railway stations. The date and fees paid were hand written in black ink.
    I often wish ,I'd saved one.
    I can also remember the ball frequently came into the front rows of the ML stand. One shot in particular was a volley from John Sheridan which rattled the twin (HMV style ) tannoy speakers causing much mirth.
    Priceless memories of a much simpler world .

I used to stand behind the goal in the Meadow lane end but when my mum started going in the early sixties it cost 6 pence to transfer into the stand and sit on hard wooden seats.
    When we had night matches quite often the Leicester City lads came to watch, Gordon Banks, Graham Cross and Davy Stringfellow were there on a regular basis and sat in that stand.