+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New manager required

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Despite my reservations, as a happy-clapper I will support SE as I do with every manager.

He will make a populist statement in the first press conference,he always does.this time i think he will target the players who aren’t not wanting to play and its low hanging fruit for him.wether you like it or not he is not adverse to naming and shaming players in his post match interviews so this won’t bother him.

I am prepared to see how it develops.it needed a shake up but one of my first worries is I don’t think he actually spent transfer fees wisely,he may have enticed free players on big wages.but as far as paying a fee unless I am misremembering I can’t think of a big trnasfer that worked.there might be odd one but most wasn’t successful.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    He will make a populist statement in the first press conference,he always does.
    His first press conference at any new club is always the exact same script with just the names changed. This one will probably be different though as it's the first time any club has ever had him back, Not counting Boston after his 20 month ban of course.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    He will make a populist statement in the first press conference,he always does.this time i think he will target the players who aren’t not wanting to play and its low hanging fruit for him.wether you like it or not he is not adverse to naming and shaming players in his post match interviews so this won’t bother him.

I am prepared to see how it develops.it needed a shake up but one of my first worries is I don’t think he actually spent transfer fees wisely,he may have enticed free players on big wages.but as far as paying a fee unless I am misremembering I can’t think of a big trnasfer that worked.there might be odd one but most wasn’t successful.
    He rarely spent anything on fees, and contrary to how some remember it, he didn't go mad with loans until the back end of his tenure. He inherited some really good players (for L2), and brought in some quality early on, but mostly frees. I don't mind how he (or anyone) does it, I just want to see players who are young enough to be here for at least a run at L1, and to still be around if we get up again.