MT,

thanks for the information. Kind of embarrassed to admit that I did not know about the Physiocrats. Going to do some research on that. It's always amazing to me how much the French influenced the US and the world. Here in the US almost everything historical seemed based on the British influence. Obviously, both good and bad early on. I would have little or no interest in toiling in a pioneer land to send my money back to some Monarch 1000's of miles away!!! However, I do kind of wish my ancestors had been "punished" and sent to Sydney!

I think Jefferson was our greatest politician and the wisest man ever to have led our country. Washington might have been the greatest in his selflessness and humble vision but Jefferson was the brilliant one that set the tone for years to come. I also suspect you and I have way more similarities than differences in our monetary policy thinking.

Hop, your statement on the giant ponzi scheme is spot on. it's think it might be called digital currency! Love the analogy to the prem and football in general. It does seem to be an analogy to quite a few other things going on in the world.

sorry to have hijacked the thread.