+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Fans' Forum [01.05.24]

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    Permission to speak , Sir

The downward trend started under LW. You stupid boy.
    He was on record in October 2023 saying they were working hard to eradicate the comedy show defending. By the time SM arrived, the defense were playing repeats of the original comedy show. It's not helpful to saying "we're doomed, I tell you, doomed"
    SM simply didn't have the replacement players of sufficient caliber to change the central actors.

Don't tell them your name Woodypie.

Don't panic.
    Nonsense. We won our last two home games under Williams 3-0 and 5-0.

I know it’s probably a coping mechanism for having to put up with this bloke as coach but to suggest that home results especially didn’t go down the toilet under Maynard is ludicrous. He won 2 out of (I think) 10. With 5 successive defeats. Williams didn’t lose 5 home games in the whole time he was here.

Back the coach lads, but let’s not deny reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I think it’s telling of how ruthless SM is. Not just the players that have been released but also those made available for transfer.
    I don’t like his interviews and his views on levels of performance.
    I’m not sure he is the man for us, however, I am intrigued with what he and the club can come up with in the recruitment department. I think he also warrants a pre season to implement his style and stamp his name on the side. I look forward to the defensive rebuild and whether he can get Matty P fit and back to his best.
    The released list was quite ruthless, but had to be done after a season in which the owners themselves said we underperformed. Yes, JOB may have merited an extra year, but how long have we held on to players for one season too many in the past?

The only surprise was Morias’ absence from the list of players available for transfer, but maybe SM wants to see him fit before deciding. He’s also under contract until 2026, so is holding all the cards. About time he started earning his money.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

I know it’s probably a coping mechanism for having to put up with this bloke as coach but to suggest that home results especially didn’t go down the toilet under Maynard is ludicrous. He won 2 out of (I think) 10. With 5 successive defeats. Williams didn’t lose 5 home games in the whole time he was here.

We lost 4 consecutive games (1 home and 3 away) before those two wins. And as I recall (maybe someone could do the analysis) we started well against teams that at the time were not doing that well.

There was always going to be a levelling out as the season moved on especially with no strong defensive recruitment in January.

Apart from anything else LW going would have been a shock to the system and SM wouldn't have the clout to do a Cotterill or Allen. Whether he grows into that position remains of course to be seen. The performance after the close season and assuming some decent recruitment will tell everyone what whether he's the right man or not.

Our results from October until the Tranny game in Jan 24 (LWs last) was W8. D1. L11. The five games after he left (when in fairness you can't put the guilt on SM) was D2. L3. I would say that the sequence (Oct to Feb) trumps the 3-0 and 5-0. And yes, LW didn't lose 5 home games in a piss poor NL with a team that was a class above. I am as unsure of SM as most but let's not deny reality.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Our results from October until the Tranny game in Jan 24 (LWs last) was W8. D1. L11. The five games after he left (when in fairness you can't put the guilt on SM) was D2. L3. I would say that the sequence (Oct to Feb) trumps the 3-0 and 5-0. And yes, LW didn't lose 5 home games in a piss poor NL with a team that was a class above. I am as unsure of SM as most but let's not deny reality.
    You’re holding Williams responsible for results after he left but not the person who was actually in charge??! Like I said, coping mechanism.

What we were never near with Williams was 25 points from 25 games. Repeat that next season and it’s hello Wealdstone again.

You’re holding Williams responsible for results after he left but not the person who was actually in charge??! Like I said, coping mechanism.

What we were never near with Williams was 25 points from 25 games. Repeat that next season and it’s hello Wealdstone again.
    There are more important things going on in my life to have to find a reason to cope with NCFC! But I see you are picking and choosing your response and ignoring the Oct-Jan W8. D1. L11.
    Denial mechanism?

Roll on next season

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789