+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Play offs

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    He has bought up the shares of the various Hedge Fund members who jumped ship.

If you cannot grasp the difference between "investment" by buying shares and "investment" by donation then the owners will continue to pillak you. Guess which one means you get money back when you depart and guess which one Parekh is doing.
    So Neerav buys things and then waits to sell things.
    As in - buys a vintage car which like all vintage cars needs regular time and money spending on it to keep it on the road.
    But Neerav buys it and parks it on the drive so he can stare at it and watch it rot.
    He then tries to sell it on.

He’s spent £££millions on the club but waiting for the club to rot before trying to get a buyer ???

Is this what you mean when you say - he’s pillaking me and the rest of the supporters ???

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    As in - buys a vintage car which like all vintage cars needs regular time and money spending on it to keep it on the road.
    But Neerav buys it and parks it on the drive so he can stare at it and watch it rot.

He’s spent £££millions on the club but waiting for the club to rot before trying to get a buyer ???

Is this what you mean when you say - he’s pillaking me and the rest of the supporters ???
    Where you are failing with this one is to not understand what's happened .

They haven't invested millions of pounds in to the club , investment is the key word .

Investment is a term used to describe when money is put in to a business in order for it to grow or improve it's performance or efficiency .

What they've done is to plug financial holes and save the club from going out of business due to the malpractice they were part of .

Money they will get back personally if they sell the club or so they think .

The club hasn't grown , it's performance hasn't improved and in fact it's gone further downhill .

They've reacted to the clubs financial woes but at no point have they invested in order for it to improve and grow .

Two very different things .

He is pillaked you when you come out with the "he has poured millions of his own money into the club" type stuff as though he will never see the money again. I will try a final time--Parekh has bought Shares (equity) in the club, all of which can be redeemed at any time of his choosing.

I didn't say he was pillaking ALL supporters as a lot have the understanding of what is really going on.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    He is pillaked you when you come out with the "he has poured millions of his own money into the club" type stuff as though he will never see the money again. I will try a final time--Parekh has bought Shares (equity) in the club, all of which can be redeemed at any time of his choosing.

I didn't say he was pillaking ALL supporters as a lot have the understanding of what is really going on.
    Two ways of looking at this.

If you believe a business person puts money into a business - no matter for what reason - and then is prepared to watch it rot - then you are wrong.

Alternatively - football clubs are not seen as a business by people that buy into them.
    Wealthy people see them more as a hobby.
    So they are prepared to put money in without any return on that money.
    I heard Patrick Cryne say - “if you want to become poor, then buy a football club”.
    The present ownership are not looking to make money - they haven’t taken a penny out of the club - but they have put £££millions in.
    So if you believe that Neerav and JAQ believe they will get a return on their investment, or whatever you want to call it, then you are wrong.

However - it’s obvious that these owners are not prepared to pour large amounts (yet?) of money into the club.
    But unlike the previous owners they will use their own money to build year on year.

Mark my words on this.

If you believe a business person puts money into a business - no matter for what reason - and then is prepared to watch it rot - then you are wrong.

Alternatively - football clubs are not seen as a business by people that buy into them.
    I heard Patrick Cryne say - “if you want to become poor, then buy a football club”.
    The present ownership are not looking to make money - they haven’t taken a penny out of the club - but they have put £££millions in.
    So if you believe that Neerav and JAQ believe they will get a return on their investment, or whatever you want to call it, then you are wrong.

However - it’s obvious that these owners are not prepared to pour large amounts (yet?) of money into the club.
    But unlike the previous owners they will use their own money to build year on year.

Mark my words on this.
    Plenty of evidence to contradict your opinion and none to support it, other than speculation.

How do you form your opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Plenty of evidence to contradict your opinion and none to support it, other than speculation.

How do you form your opinions?
    By listening and reading.

As I’ve said - if you don’t try to understand what’s happening in the boardroom then it’s impossible to understand whats happening on the pitch.
    In the case of Barnsley that’s important because there has been so many moving parts since PC sold the club.

As things stand now I have every faith in the directors.
    One of the main reasons for that is Jean Cryne.
    Jean worshiped her late husband - she would not allow anything detrimental to happen to his legacy at Barnsley.
    Jean didn’t like how the previous owners did things.
    But she is fully supportive of the current leadership.
    That will do for me.

It’s a matter of looking through all the garbage surrounding the directors at the moment - and understanding what they are trying to achieve.

OK nudger fair enough but still no hard evidence to support your optimism.
    I would rather deal with facts and past actions and that is that forms my opinions. They differ from yours.

Very happy to be proved wrong but I don’t hold do my breath in the meantime

By listening and reading.

As I’ve said - if you don’t try to understand what’s happening in the boardroom then it’s impossible to understand whats happening on the pitch.
    In the case of Barnsley that’s important because there has been so many moving parts since PC sold the club.

As things stand now I have every faith in the directors.
    One of the main reasons for that is Jean Cryne.
    Jean worshiped her late husband - she would not allow anything detrimental to happen to his legacy at Barnsley.
    Jean didn’t like how the previous owners did things.
    But she is fully supportive of the current leadership.
    That will do for me.

It’s a matter of looking through all the garbage surrounding the directors at the moment - and understanding what they are trying to achieve.
    What we have here is the classic case of empty words v facts , when the words spoken at fans forums meet reality they don't stack up .

Unfortunately for you actions have always spoken louder than words and even more unfortunately for you it seems like you've fallen for Fools Gold .

The owners are incompetent football people , I use the term football people very loosely , whatever their reasons for owning this club to be honest much doesn't matter a great deal .

The catalogue of mistakes they've made is proof enough of their incompetence and that's just this season alone and what's more concerning is the direction of travel the club is heading .

So no there won't be any exciting times to look forward to because these people are incompetent in creating those times and therefore it's not possible .

Whilst you are fond of telling us to mark your words I'll respond in kind .

We are heading towards the end game with these owners who in my opinion are beginning to realise the game is up , they aren't Barnsley people so therefore an exit strategy won't be emotional to them .

They may well find a buyer and I hope they do but I wouldn't rule out administration as their exit plan either .

I'll give them less than a year if the current direction of travel isn't reversed .

Mark my words .

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    OK nudger fair enough but still no hard evidence to support your optimism.
    I would rather deal with facts and past actions and that is that forms my opinions. They differ from yours.

Very happy to be proved wrong but I don’t hold do my breath in the meantime
    I’ve spoken to Jean.
    But other than that - the evidence is this.
    This leadership has had to wrestle the direction of the club off Chien Lee.
    They have had to put money in to stabilise the club.

Player recruitment has been exceptional over recent years - just watched Ipswich win promotion with Kayden Jackson, Chaplin, Kieffer and Sam Morsey.
    The championship and prem is littered with players that have gone through Barnsley.

The Kiching transfer was a benchmark.
    It’s going to be much more difficult now to prise players away from Barnsley.
    I’m expecting an offer in for one our biggest assets - Luca - let’s see if he goes - and if he does what money he goes for.

If we get the right HC - and it has to be an HC that understands vertical football and the Barnsley way - if it’s not Thalhammer then someone like him - then we have exciting times ahead.

Mark my words on this.
    They won't be using their own money to build anything , they might plug the financial holes created by their incompetence but build anything I'm afraid is for the fairies .

The club have lost £15m over the last 3 financial years and are expected to lose another £5m this financial year too , last night wasn't a great result for them either by any stretch of the imagination .

So they are going to have to put in large amounts just to keep the club solvent .

This is the financial price you pay for football incompetence .

You aren't aware of what's going on are you YN , possibly because you refuse to acknowledge anything that goes against your belief in the owners such as only giving Luke Goddard 5 minutes of your time .

You need to remove yourself from your goldfish bowl , the club is in the financial shyte pal and it's incompetence that's led to it .

Unless a buyer comes along sharpish this is heading towards 2002 territory .

Mark my words .

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast