+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Farke press conference

Psychiatrists told me to keep a log of my stress triggers to understand how to respond to them which over the years created my individual daily plan for dealing with them without having to use prescribed antipsychotic drugs anymore, a defining moment in life.

What i did learn was that to beat stress triggers i had to step out of my comfort zone & focus on doing what was required & then i would avoid getting "psyched out" literally !

This involved focusing on what i can control. By focusing on controlling the controllables meant accepting that certain situations had no influence over me anymore.

Too many footballers make major mistakes when they see mindset as only a game time decision or something you adopt in the locker room just before heading out into the stadium.

Mindset is not something you can turn on & off cos."mindset is formed" by early preparation & in footballing terms the pre-season & then fostered throughout the season.

Farke defo had certain players focused at the start but some 'some just switched off' at crucial costly moments in pursuit of our aim.
    Whether those 'few' can reclaim their individual focus again for the team will certainly effect where their individual careers are heading & we know who i am talking about, as will any third party clubs tracking them as potential new signings 🤐

Hopefully today will be a career defining day as ultimately its the 'players' who have to deliver on the pitch !

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    90 pts yep disastrous especially when arriving to a chaotic situ where he couldn’t sign players… give yer heads a wobble
    Fair point.

But dropping 18pts to 7 of the current bottom 8 in the league???

*The Rev gives his head a wobble*

We are level with Sunderlabd at 90 points, the highest achieved to date without promotion, so if we get anything from today, then that’s one title we will own 😢 Pool have gone off the boil of late as have Spuds. Some of Klopps pre and post match interviews haven’t been exactly stimulating. What do you expect a manager on a bad run to say? he’s not going to call out players as Barndoor did and anything else sounds like lame excuses…

Been studying Farke’s record as a player - pretty mediocre - and as a manager - bar Norwich not much to shout about.

This Leeds squad is good so he should be where we are - what is disappointing was we were in the perfect position to kick on but the last 6 games have been relegation form when we should be looking to close this out.

Only Rotherham have less points in this run. Sadly, beginning to think more and more he not only isn’t the one but will be detrimental to the young talent we have - hope I am wrong but slightly worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Been studying Farke’s record as a player - pretty mediocre - and as a manager - bar Norwich not much to shout about.

This Leeds squad is good so he should be where we are - what is disappointing was we were in the perfect position to kick on but the last 6 games have been relegation form when we should be looking to close this out.

Only Rotherham have less points in this run. Sadly, beginning to think more and more he not only isn’t the one but will be detrimental to the young talent we have - hope I am wrong but slightly worrying.
    Not "will be detrimental", with one significant exception (Gray, driven I suspect by the fact that there is an entire dynasty at Leeds with that name which he couldn't oppose) he has already been detrimental, and it appears that he will continue to be so.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    But you weren’t contemplating promotion when he came in
    I was hoping for the playoffs when he came in.
    Even at Christmas I was hoping for the playoffs.
    Suppose I’ve got what I wanted but not how I wanted.
    We’ve thrown it away from a title winning position which I see as a massive failure and on Farkes behalf.
    He couldn’t get the team ‘up for it’ in a hure house.
    I don’t see any passion, grit, determination, aggression and other such words emanating from him whatsoever, words which should be ringing in the players ears.
    And if anyone says that players shouldn’t need that, maybe, but it’s the managers job to remind them and send them out to do a job, and with a plan or even 2 plans.
    Anyway, it’s Smirnoff time. Might post again in the early morning

Post match interview completely deluded - out of his depth at the moment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)