+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bullied out of it

Bullied out of it

By a better team as well.

Been a very good season but that will leave a sour taste especially if it's back to constant relegation battles over the next two or three years.

Chances are few and far between to get to Europe or win a cup and that was a really disappointing display.

Cple of points though.

Lyle MOM? What gemme was that guy watching?

And our fans just don't do adversity well, I think some of them secretly long for it.

Anyways as I said, very good and enjoyable season.

I did say Europe was a step too far for this season. Hoping the manager can build on this for next season when it might be a more realistic target - hopefully.

On today, one team saw the prize and went for it, the other just seemed to let them without putting up too much resistance.

Lyle should have been hooked at half time, so far out of the game he could have been sitting next to me - MoM? Seriously? Should've started Boateng and Sylla but then the entire team seemed so lost at times I doubt it would've made much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I did say Europe was a step too far for this season. Hoping the manager can build on this for next season when it might be a more realistic target - hopefully.

On today, one team saw the prize and went for it, the other just seemed to let them without putting up too much resistance.
    I doubt we will get a sniff at it next season, old firm and hearts almost guaranteed 3 of the places, Hibs and Aberdeen won't be as bad again.....this was a massive chance

Lyle should have been hooked at half time, so far out of the game he could have been sitting next to me - MoM? Seriously? Should've started Boateng and Sylla but then the entire team seemed so lost at times I doubt it would've made much difference.
    Lyall and Tiff both should’ve been replaced at half time both to weak against that midfield, and although the rest where also dreadful today , lamie was absolutely Brutal, overall we were run over by a powerful unit that never gave any body a second on the ball

Hope they take a moment to realise what they might have blown. Get results against Hearts and Killie and show how well they can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dode craigie View Post
    Lyall and Tiff both should’ve been replaced at half time both to weak against that midfield, and although the rest where also dreadful today , lamie was absolutely Brutal, overall we were run over by a powerful unit that never gave any body a second on the ball
    I find it hard to believe that we managed to defeat St Mirren 4-0 last November.
    The Dundee players were very poor today.
    It was almost as if the Dundee players season ended when they finished in the top 6 at the split.

Better team won,they wanted it more.
    We need to improve our squad to try for top 6 next season.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Better team won,they wanted it more.
    We need to improve our squad to try for top 6 next season.
    Absolutely so. Good season, but too many times we get out-muscled. I thought Lyall Cameron should have been off , with Tiff, at half time as well. Cameron is a terrific wee player but not in games like yesterday. Against biting teams, he just gets puffed aside. Will be his biggest challenge in football. Gogic ran the show for them. A stroll in the park for him.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)