+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Play offs

I think this proves you are on a wind up Nudge just to provoke reactions.

Not much "wrestling" required. All that happened was the Investor Group binned Conway as their representative and took their 20% of shares over to Parekh giving him the balance of power.

Players will be "prized away" from Barnsley in droves for whatever Parekh can get. He faces a £5million deficit in costs over income next season ( source Archerfield Qualified Accountant) and will not want to cover running costs with regular Share Rights Issues again.

The same feq ups are being made with appointments. No sufficient check made on Thalhammer's work visa requirements.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 04-05-2024 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I think this proves you are on a wind up Nudge just to provoke reactions.

Not much "wrestling" required. All that happened was the Investor Group binned Conway as their representative and took their 20% of shares over to Parekh giving him the balance of power.

Players will be "prized away" from Barnsley in droves for whatever Parekh can get. He faces a £5million deficit in costs over income next season ( source Archerfield Qualified Accountant) and will not want to cover running costs with regular Share Rights Issues again.

The same feq ups are being made with appointments. No sufficient check made on Thalhammer's work visa requirements.

What's more SB the club was handed over in late 2017 debt free with £5m in cash in the clubs bank account and in the championship .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    What's more SB the club was handed over in late 2017 debt free with £5m in cash in the clubs bank account and in the championship .
    And they still haven't paid the very cheap £3.5 million purchase price of the club over six years later, apart from an instalment of 750K taken from Club Accounts as a ""Directors Bonus". Nowt paid from Directors pockets.

Just going off YN comments and that he's spoken to Jean Cryne. The next time you speak to her could you ask why she didnt take full control of the club ? as I'm sure PCs wealth was well in excess of the clubs value - I might have this wrong though , but would be interested to know why?

I mentioned this a while back and there is only one thing that could be done that would give ultimate control back to the fans - and that is a fan buyout of some kind - If 10000 people put in £1000 each per season, that would generate £10m revenue p/a

I'm sure as fans we could manage to run it better and fill the ground !

Not filling the home area for a play off semi final just illustrates what apathy and lack of enthusiasm there is amongst the fan base. It’s not aimed at the playing staff, they are limited on talent but still achieved the play off berth.

It’s aimed at the ownership who are presiding over a steady but obvious decline in our club. It’s unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Not filling the home area for a play off semi final just illustrates what apathy and lack of enthusiasm there is amongst the fan base. It’s not aimed at the playing staff, they are limited on talent but still achieved the play off berth.

It’s aimed at the ownership who are presiding over a steady but obvious decline in our club. It’s unforgivable.
    I think the owners of the club are missing a huge flaw in the way that we burn through managers - we become an unattractive proposition - in sacking a manager when we were in 5th and the only really poor run of the season results wise, coupled with having about the 9th lowest budget in the division (I’m led to believe Duff had the 12th lowest) then it makes you an even less attractive proposition as theirs no job security - all this crap about the facilities and set up becomes irrelevant. I bet they’ve asked every manager they’ve sacked (all allegedly) what their plans for the future are - the next possible manager might aswell turn round and say does it really matter !

The obvious replacement for Collins was duff (which I’m only guessing) that something must’ve possibly gone off as he’s a cheap option and knows most of the players. what I find confusing is that this other manager was sacked by oostend which I stand to be corrected was part of lee/conways set up - so why would NP have anything to do with that if it was some sort of hostile takeover/wrestling back of power?

In SBs words - summats not reyt darn theear

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    In SBs words - summats not reyt darn theear
    Well that’s nearly reyt - but after reading some of the comments on here then I’d change it slightly to

……. summerts not reyt UP theear

Cos, honestly very little is being said in this thread that makes any sense to me.

We have a good season under Duff - then change the HC and have a terrible season.
    And it creates chaos amongst some supporters that they scramble around looking for someone to blame and end up pointing the finger at the directors.
    How does that make any sense FGS !?!?!
    Yes blame the directors for a poor decision in appointing the HC - but the directors are not directly responsible for the abysmal performances we have seen.

Jeez !!!
    It’s unbelievable Jeff !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Well that’s nearly reyt - but after reading some of the comments on here then I’d change it slightly to

……. summerts not reyt UP theear

Cos, honestly very little is being said in this thread that makes any sense to me.

We have a good season under Duff - then change the HC and have a terrible season.
    And it creates chaos amongst some supporters that they scramble around looking for someone to blame and end up pointing the finger at the directors.
    How does that make any sense FGS !?!?!
    Yes blame the directors for a poor decision in appointing the HC - but the directors are not directly responsible for the abysmal performances we have seen.

Jeez !!!
    It’s unbelievable Jeff !!!
    I just wonder what Collins would have achieved with Duffs squad.
    A trades man enjoys and does his work much better with quality tools.
    Collins tools were badly broken so let’s not put the blame just on him.
    The directors are totally to blame for providing the broken tools, just them and no one else.
    It’s unbelievable Nudge !!!
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 04-05-2024 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Extra line

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast