+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Southampton forum

A Southampton forum

Just been looking and they seem happy to play us, think it’s a done deal. They were worried about Norwich and didn’t want to play Hull. Some thought Norwich will go up and that they’re a better side than us ( obviously didn’t check that we both won our home fixtures against each other) Strange how fans think isn’t it? Play offs are a different animal all together. They were looking for a draw at least at our place and they then think we will be done at St Mary’s. Well, all remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Just been looking and they seem happy to play us, think it’s a done deal. They were worried about Norwich and didn’t want to play Hull. Some thought Norwich will go up and that they’re a better side than us ( obviously didn’t check that we both won our home fixtures against each other) Strange how fans think isn’t it? Play offs are a different animal all together. They were looking for a draw at least at our place and they then think we will be done at St Mary’s. Well, all remains to be seen.

It’s a one off game so anything can happen! One way of looking at it - beat Southampton and then it could be Norwich in the final. If we turn up - we will win!

They beat us twice so their optimism comes from there.....Good we will be the under dogs.
    I like that.

We need to avoid stupid sendings off in either game and mustn’t give refs an opportunity to give penalties.

It’s a time for cool heads and no stupidity, we aren’t good enough to get through three games of this magnitude on pure talent, we need to be pitch perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    We need to avoid stupid sendings off in either game and mustn’t give refs an opportunity to give penalties.

It’s a time for cool heads and no stupidity, we aren’t good enough to get through three games of this magnitude on pure talent, we need to be pitch perfect.

Spot on! No defensive gifts and chances must be taken! Who do you play up front - Asante - Wallace ( experience ) or Maja? Asante misses absolute sitters and it’s going to cost us!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Spot on! No defensive gifts and chances must be taken! Who do you play up front - Asante - Wallace ( experience ) or Maja? Asante misses absolute sitters and it’s going to cost us!
    If we play our game well enough we won’t need a striker. We’ve got goal scorers all across the team. Might only be Palmer who hasn’t scored this season!.

If we play our game well enough we won’t need a striker. We’ve got goal scorers all across the team. Might only be Palmer who hasn’t scored this season!.

Whilst I hear what you’re saying - don’t overall agree. Against Saints we might only get a couple of chances and is it still acceptable Asante misses absolute sitters? All round me it was - here we go again another open goal! I would have more confidence with Furlong taking an easy chance and he’s a defender FFS. Yes Asante works hard but a pub player would convert some of those easy chances.

Loved the performance today but know these sitters will cost us. Some were even saying against Saints it might be better to put Wallace back up front as his experience might count!

Whilst I hear what you’re saying - don’t overall agree. Against Saints we might only get a couple of chances and is it still acceptable Asante misses absolute sitters? All round me it was - here we go again another open goal! I would have more confidence with Furlong taking an easy chance and he’s a defender FFS. Yes Asante works hard but a pub player would convert some of those easy chances.

Loved the performance today but know these sitters will cost us. Some were even saying against Saints it might be better to put Wallace back up front as his experience might count!
    I’d play Asante, he’s top scorer and sooner or later he’ll sort out his finishing technique.

He deserves to start.

He’s also capable of scoring spectacular, athletic goals.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’d play Asante, he’s top scorer and sooner or later he’ll sort out his finishing technique.

He deserves to start.

He’s also capable of scoring spectacular, athletic goals.

My view about taking goals - you’re either a natural or not. When was that last spectacular goal?

Although I don’t like Wallace up front - an easy chance and my money would be on Wallace to convert over Asante.

The lack of a clinical striker is costing us!

My view about taking goals - you’re either a natural or not. When was that last spectacular goal?

Although I don’t like Wallace up front - an easy chance and my money would be on Wallace to convert over Asante.

The lack of a clinical striker is costing us!
    He does miss chances but a lot of strikers do, as long as you get enough in a game you can usually score enough. Asante has scored as many as strikers for a lot of teams this season including the top six. Ipswich have just got automatic and their top scorer scored just one more than Asante with 13. Maybe our standard view of a striker is changing like a lot of aspects of modern football. Our fullbacks for example are expected to fill three roles instead of just one. Back in my day you were either a winger or a full back, now you have to be a winger a midfielder and a full back.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)