+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Southampton forum

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Does this comment sound familiar on the Saints thread?

Excited.

Playoffs are a win/win for me as I’m really not fussed about going back up. I hate the PL, VAR, fake fans, media circus. Championship is much more my cup of tea.

Which means if we win, I will be happy for the clubs finances and winning at Wembley. If we lose, we get more seasons of proper football. Happy days
    Yes exactly how I feel.

Back to stats, Southampton are in the top three for a lot of stats but are very poor when it comes to interceptions, tackles and clearances. We on the other hand are in the top three for successful crosses. This means that if we really get at them we can get a good result. We have to be positive and realise that we can play a possession game too because of their lack of interceptions. Stats over a season tell us quite a lot.

Thought Southampton were the best side we faced this season - surprised they didn’t get automatic. Let’s face it they are probably better than us but it’s knockout football and Corberan is a wily fox. So I reckon it’s 50:50.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Does this comment sound familiar on the Saints thread?

Excited.

Playoffs are a win/win for me as I’m really not fussed about going back up. I hate the PL, VAR, fake fans, media circus. Championship is much more my cup of tea.

Which means if we win, I will be happy for the clubs finances and winning at Wembley. If we lose, we get more seasons of proper football. Happy days
    I’ll second that

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    I’ll second that
    I'll second and third that, let's enjoy proper football next season

Stats are for games and performances that have gone. We have two bites of one cherry against Southampton to come.

It doesn't matter how much of the cherry we get so long as the overall result falls our way. Fk the stats and fk Southampton.

COYB 😎.

Quote Originally Posted by albionic68 View Post
    stats are for games and performances that have gone. We have two bites of one cherry against southampton to come.

It doesn't matter how much of the cherry we get so long as the overall result falls our way. Fk the stats and fk southampton.

Coyb 😎.
    f/u/c/k yeah!!!xd

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    I’ll second that
    Don't think I've met any supporters of Championship clubs who would disagree! I'm sure fans of established Premiership teams would put it all down to envy but, for me, there is something very very wrong with the sport these days when the Greed League has so much money swilling about it and vast amounts of debt are simply accepted. Some argue that money from the Premiership goes to support the lower leagues and grass roots football but if it does, it's a fine example of Conservative style "trickle down" economics.

Mind you, the music industry has been taking a leaf out of the Greed League's book for a while now too with the huge arenas charging extortionate prices and costly ticketing for the top acts whilst grass roots venues continue to fold. Despite the huge profits made by the big venues and promises of support, very, very little actually goes to help small venues.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I would play Asante as I think that we look a more balanced unit when he is in the side. Wallace just isn’t a striker and to my mind has done little in that position to warrant selection. Personally, I would go with yesterday’s starting X1.
    Agree with you. Yes, Asante misses chances that others may have buried (though when you look at them closely, not all were easy "sitters") and for me he offers more than Wallace in terms of harrying defences and causing them problems. His work rate is acknowledged but think that his "misses" in front of goal sometimes detract from the good work he does elsewhere on the pitch. As Boingy says, luckily, we have several players who can get us goals so we certainly aren't primarily reliant on BTA for them.

I won't be too disappointed if we don't get through the play offs but just want us to perform and for players to put a shift in. Mick and others are dead right about the need to avoid silly mistakes, particularly against a club like S'hampton who will certainly punish us for them but if we continue with the kind of display we managed on Saturday we stand a good chance-especially in the first home game. I'd also stick with the same starting 11 as I think this is our strongest team at the moment.Just hope Fellows is back on top form as thought he faded in the second half hence his substitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Stats are for games and performances that have gone. We have two bites of one cherry against Southampton to come.

It doesn't matter how much of the cherry we get so long as the overall result falls our way. Fk the stats and fk Southampton.

COYB 😎.

Couldn’t agree more Dan. On the Southampton forum there’s a few comments saying they wanted us and by the sound of it Wembley is a given.

I am sure a few of their fans are looking at our forum so to all the Southampton fans - go f uck
    yourselves!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)