+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oxford and Cambridge Students

Oxford and Cambridge Students

Now the students of these two prestigious universities are setting up protest camps. Everyone has a right to protest but surely these universities on their land should ban this as it’s tarnishing their reputation!

Why is anyone getting involved in the politics of the Middle East after the disaster of Afghanistan? Let the rich Arab countries provide financial aid and support!

Where’s the protest camps for Ukraine as Putin’s cronies are taking village after village. Now that one is on our door step!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Now the students of these two prestigious universities are setting up protest camps. Everyone has a right to protest but surely these universities on their land should ban this as it’s tarnishing their reputation!

Why is anyone getting involved in the politics of the Middle East after the disaster of Afghanistan? Let the rich Arab countries provide financial aid and support!

Where’s the protest camps for Ukraine as Putin’s cronies are taking village after village. Now that one is on our door step!
    A good number of these students come from incredibly privileged backgrounds and are spoon fed from birth and grow up with an inflated opinion of themselves and their place in this world.

You regularly see the offspring of famous people getting involved in this protest stuff.

Bryan Ferry’s son got done for fox hound protests and throwing a purple powder in Parliament if I remember correctly?

David Gilmour’s son was done for desecrating Sir Winston Churchill’s statue.

A lot of these students don’t live in the real world, they’ll never have to do a proper days work in their lives.

It’s like with the climate protests and the blocking of main roads, it’s always students and ultra left leaning sandal wearers causing the problem.

If you engaged a lot of these students in a conversation about the Middle East they wouldn’t have a clue about this history and why things are the way they are.

It’s like with one of my cousins who’s head of diversity at a major U.K. university, it’s impossible to talk to her about this stuff, only her opinion counts.

She went from being at school as a young person to working at the university and progressing through the ranks…….she has little “real world” experience, her whole life has been cosseted within a very small perimeter.

This is the problem with a lot of students, too many people agreeing with each other to fit and and seem cool and not enough push back and challenging of views.

We need a firm hand to deal with this.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    A good number of these students come from incredibly privileged backgrounds and are spoon fed from birth and grow up with an inflated opinion of themselves and their place in this world.

You regularly see the offspring of famous people getting involved in this protest stuff.

Bryan Ferry’s son got done for fox hound protests and throwing a purple powder in Parliament if I remember correctly?

David Gilmour’s son was done for desecrating Sir Winston Churchill’s statue.

A lot of these students don’t live in the real world, they’ll never have to do a proper days work in their lives.

It’s like with the climate protests and the blocking of main roads, it’s always students and ultra left leaning sandal wearers causing the problem.

If you engaged a lot of these students in a conversation about the Middle East they wouldn’t have a clue about this history and why things are the way they are.

It’s like with one of my cousins who’s head of diversity at a major U.K. university, it’s impossible to talk to her about this stuff, only her opinion counts.

She went from being at school as a young person to working at the university and progressing through the ranks…….she has little “real world” experience, her whole life has been cosseted within a very small perimeter.

This is the problem with a lot of students, too many people agreeing with each other to fit and and seem cool and not enough push back and challenging of views.

We need a firm hand to deal with this.

Agree with everything! Shame on these universities for letting the protests take place on their land! Throw all the f uckers out from their degrees and see how many then want to poke their noses into something we should keep out from!

Fox hounding and clay pigeon shooting is for big ears and the chap who claimed to be in Pizza Express when no doubt he was singing along to Steps at a girl guides party!

They subscribe to a form of neo-Marxism that divides the world into oppressed and oppressor. Its a very simplistic view and often does not stand up to any serious scrutiny. So for them its always going to be Black vs white, gay vs straight, etc. with absolutely no room for any nuance, rebuttal or even historical accuracy. Once they decide that white people have oppressed black people, everything has to be seen in that light regardless of how ridiculous it gets. That doesn't mean that white people have never oppressed black people but that is nowhere near the whole story. So in this situation the neo-Marxists have sided with the Palestinians because they see the Palestinians as being oppressed by Israel and nothing else matters. The fact that Hamas is probably more oppressive on the Palestinians than Israel doesn't matter. The fact that Hamas started this latest situation by committing the vilest atrocities on innocent Israelis doesn't matter. The Isrealis have been labeled as the oppressors so everything has to be viewed through that lens. Intellectually, it is on a par with the Nazis blaming the Jews for everything, and look how that ended. And to think this approach is being taught by so-called academics in universities really makes me shake my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Calgarybaggy View Post
    They subscribe to a form of neo-Marxism that divides the world into oppressed and oppressor. It’s a very simplistic view and often does not stand up to any serious scrutiny. So for them it’s always going to be Black vs white, gay vs straight, etc. with absolutely no room for any nuance, rebuttal or even historical accuracy. Once they decide that white people have oppressed black people, everything has to be seen in that light regardless of how ridiculous it gets. That doesn't mean that white people have never oppressed black people but that is nowhere near the whole story. So in this situation the neo-Marxists have sided with the Palestinians because they see the Palestinians as being oppressed by Israel and nothing else matters. The fact that Hamas is probably more oppressive on the Palestinians than Israel doesn't matter. The fact that Hamas started this latest situation by committing the vilest atrocities on innocent Israelis doesn't matter. The Isrealis have been labeled as the oppressors so everything has to be viewed through that lens. Intellectually, it is on a par with the Nazis blaming the Jews for everything, and look how that ended. And to think this approach is being taught by so-called academics in universities really makes me shake my head.
    Brilliant post.

Far erudite than I could produce on this subject!

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I may have the habit of making ridiculously long, dense posts but sometimes they actually make sense!

I may have the habit of making ridiculously long, dense posts but sometimes they actually make sense!
    No, as mick states, very erudite and in my opinion totally accurate.

I look forward to the day you learn how to use a space bar so I can find out for myself, the suspense may actually kill me at some point 😉.

I must separate my paragraphs.

Just doing some on the spot training. Apologies for my oversight in this regard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)