+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oxford and Cambridge Students

Quote Originally Posted by Calgarybaggy View Post
    I must separate my paragraphs.

Just doing some on the spot training. Apologies for my oversight in this regard.
    That’s far better! 🤣🤣

Tbh……I do find myself giving up on posts where people just post a whole block without spacing for paragraphs.

You and Omeg are the worst in this regard Calgary! 😏🤣

As long as they do not cause damage or engage in violence I do not see anything inherently wrong in students engaging in protests and sometimes-as in the case in America over Civil Rights or the Vietnam War for example or the anti-racism movement here in the 80s- the publicity garnered arguably helped further their causes.

It's normally the case that people are far more idealistic when they are younger and become more conservative as they grow older (and possibly a bit more worldly if not wiser?) but wouldn't want to stop anyone protesting peacefully for what they see as just causes.

Just annoys me that so many -as Calgary's post points out-don't bother to do the research to find out a bit more detail/context first rather than simply latch onto click bait slogans before opening their mouths.

Navigating "false" news and conspiracy theories may be far more of an issue these days but there still remains a wealth of information on the internet to be found without too much effort if you look.

It's the ignorance of too many I lament rather than the act of students protesting.

(Hope my own use of paragraphs has passed muster this time ! 😁 &#128512

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Now the students of these two prestigious universities are setting up protest camps. Everyone has a right to protest but surely these universities on their land should ban this as it’s tarnishing their reputation!

Why is anyone getting involved in the politics of the Middle East after the disaster of Afghanistan? Let the rich Arab countries provide financial aid and support!

Where’s the protest camps for Ukraine as Putin’s cronies are taking village after village. Now that one is on our door step!
    I personally can’t get my head round no Muslim countries in the Middle East will accept any Palestinians.eygpt.jorden etc.regarding the students totally agree what mick states..plus the minority over rules the majority.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)