+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list

https://www.instagram.com/tiehi__/reels/?next=%2F

Hidden - showing as broken. Thats since SE came in. Go figure.

Assuming Blackett has recovered from his injury, I wouldn't mind keeping him. Blackett/Humphreys as CBs would be a strong start defensively.

I like Blackett and he's certainly got some quality.

His career has been quite limited but the skill is there. He tried for us too before his injury.

I think on a 1 year deal with an trigger for an extra year, weighted towards appearances he would be an asset.

CH will be first choice CB next season. He's simply the best at the club.

As for Pelts and Morrison. I don't think Morrison will be here. Pelts I would actually keep on for another year. He's put himself about and could be a 15-20 start man easily. We have a gaping hole on the right and he can cover this.

Kioso, will likely stay if Boro don't get promotion I think. If not I think 500k + add ons for him is a fair price.

Bramall - I can see him staying. He needs to learn to cross and cross early. His pace will be very useful next year. We do need a left sided CB that can play wider though, especially if we push Cohen into that left wing sort of role.

Anyone else can go.

I thought SE was seeing the players individually today and then announcing his retained list sometime tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I thought SE was seeing the players individually today and then announcing his retained list sometime tomorrow?
    In an interview the other day he said he'd be speaking to them today and the list would be released either later today or tomorrow morning at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    I like Blackett and he's certainly got some quality.

His career has been quite limited but the skill is there. He tried for us too before his injury.

I think on a 1 year deal with an trigger for an extra year, weighted towards appearances he would be an asset.

CH will be first choice CB next season. He's simply the best at the club.

As for Pelts and Morrison. I don't think Morrison will be here. Pelts I would actually keep on for another year. He's put himself about and could be a 15-20 start man easily. We have a gaping hole on the right and he can cover this.

Kioso, will likely stay if Boro don't get promotion I think. If not I think 500k + add ons for him is a fair price.

Bramall - I can see him staying. He needs to learn to cross and cross early. His pace will be very useful next year. We do need a left sided CB that can play wider though, especially if we push Cohen into that left wing sort of role.

Anyone else can go.
    If we intend to start with CH then we need to partner him with an agressive big lump to dominate the aerial battles - Stevie, have you still got Claude Davies' number?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    Hasn't been in the country for ages and has now hidden his IG account too.

Suspect he's already had his agent ask for a transfer. I'd be shocked if he's here next year.
    Bye to another passenger.

I am amazed at the speculation.
    Evans has said the group would not stand a chance in d1. So either he is smoke screening, or too early to tell (and hasn’t had long after either)
    Or some realise that the big cull you crave won’t happen….the retained list you’ve all said is WAY to big and based on what evans may have to do.
    We hardly have any worth keeping. And some of them will want away.

Anyone still under contract is likely to be kept and under 30 also, or if OOC, offered a contract. Not that i’d agree with it.

Pelt is a likely retire obviously, green, hall, blackett, all hardly played. Does anyone seriously think these injury prone trio should get a contract?

As for bramall, does he ever look bothered? Play like he does? A spitfire went very fast, but it would have been useless without machine guns.
    As for he needs to learn to cross…..oh please. Yeah, left alone in a game with a leaky defence to pass through, as against cardiff….

In the words of the great tennis player….you cannot be serious with wanting to keep so many. I think too many are banking on d1 being easier…..famous last hope that.

The evans approach is workrate….base your ideas on that.

The cull to end all culls needs to happen.
    Last edited by Millmoordays; 07-05-2024 at 12:48 PM.

So, who is worth retaining or signing back on.

Phillips as a no. 2. Only.
    Humps.
    Ollie.
    Lindsay, he’s ok in d1.
    Revan, ask.
    Nombe, d1 player.
    Clucas, hope to keep him fit, the exception.

Anything else is such a hard stretch.

Under contract (assume won't pay off):
    Nombe (2027)
    Tiehi (2026)
    Hugill (2026)

(Would happily contribute to a whip-round to see Hugill gone, however)

Under contract (one year, retain):
    Humphreys
    Bramall
    Kioso
    McCart

Under contract (one year, pay off and bin):
    Eaves
    Green
    Phillips (or retain as back-up only)
    (Assume Vik leaves whatever happens)
    Hull
    Kayode

Options:
    Odoffin (extend)
    Rathbone

Attempt to secure for a year or two more:
    Clucas
    If there's any way to get Revan back (I doubt it), him too

Pat on the back and part ways:
    Pelts
    Bola
    Morrison
    Blackett (had the injuries not been a concern, should have retained)
    Lindsay
    Ferguson
    Cafu
    McGuckin

Ban from ever setting foot in Rotherham again:
    Hall
    Ayala

As said above by MMDs, the 'cull of all culls' needs to happen, but that will require a lot of cheques signing. Personally I think ending contracts at a cost is as important as signing new ones in some cases.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast