+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Academy news in conjunction with Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It's literally discrimination. Nothing positive about it. If you're a white male, you cannot get the job, regardless of how hard you've worked to gain the necessary skills and experience. I get that this is done with good intentions, but the best candidate should always get the job, regardless of their ethnicity or gender. Football is a results-driven business.
    Indeed. And I wonder if it is still the case that the best candidate does not get the job because of negative discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It's literally discrimination. Nothing positive about it. If you're a white male, you cannot get the job, regardless of how hard you've worked to gain the necessary skills and experience. I get that this is done with good intentions, but the best candidate should always get the job, regardless of their ethnicity or gender. Football is a results-driven business.
    All it does is cause race based issues and creates friction. Absolutely bonkers idea

Racism at Notts County

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...acancy-070524/

Notts have just posted an article where they are happy to announce they are going to be discriminating against candidates based on race and ***. This sort of racism should not be in our club, it should be illegal.

Your white privilege is duly noted. Thank you.

If you're a white male you've still got a much better chance of getting a job even if you can't get this job. That's the whole point.

The Notts academy staff will still, despite this role, have more white men than not on roster, if the pictures I've seen are anything to go by. The sky is not falling in.

Whilst I understand your argument that this action in itself seems discriminatory we should appreciate that some sections of society are underrepresented within the coaching/management element of the game, relative to the contribution of their ethnic group on the playing side.
    In more than 50 years of watching Notts the changing demographic of the fanbase has reflected life in general and we now see a lot of women and children attending Meadow Lane in family groups, something that didn’t happen in the 70’s and 80’s when football violence was endemic. All seater stadiums and improved facilities (although apparently not the Ladies facilities in the Kop) have assisted in making football more family friendly and would it not be wonderful if everyone in Nottingham felt that Meadow lane was a ‘ home from home’, as it is for many of us.
    Whether it is discriminatory or not, the Rooney Rule is US sport has resulted in a considerable percentage increase in non white Head coaches in the NFL. The rule doesn’t tell you who to employ, only that you consider and interview candidates from ethnic minority backgrounds. This would imply that having the ‘opportunity’ is key. Surely everyone deserves an opportunity?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post
    https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...acancy-070524/

Notts have just posted an article where they are happy to announce they are going to be discriminating against candidates based on race and ***. This sort of racism should not be in our club, it should be illegal.
    I think they might have phrased that rather clumsily "...opportunity open to male coaches from black, south Asian and mixed heritage backgrounds, and female coaches from all backgrounds." Possibly they didn't mean ONLY but ALSO etc.

From the gist of the statement it sounds like this role wouldn't actually exist if it wasn't for the PL supporting it so nobody would have/be able to get the job, and maybe the PL are even paying for it as part of their patronising 'We're loaded you can have a few crumbs off the table' levelling up agenda.

It's coaching kids, keeping them off the streets and if not finding a future diamond, shaping them into decent people. We, along with PNE were the only two from the lower leagues who were chosen for this - shouldn't we be proud of this?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I think they might have phrased that rather clumsily "...opportunity open to male coaches from black, south Asian and mixed heritage backgrounds, and female coaches from all backgrounds." Possibly they didn't mean ONLY but ALSO etc.
    Agree, they might want to re-phrase that, recruitment should be based on the best person for the job that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Its a premier league thing. Notts get a free coach but it is basically available to anyone other than white men. I can see why there is anger, there are better ways of improving the diversity other than what is discrimination. The logic is there, if you had a job offering saying that for any other race and it would be a legal matter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast