+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a squad for the Premiership

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Couple of surprises in this list?
    Official departures

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...MAY-2024-.html

Scott McMann stands out there. Also Flynn Duffy - I thought he was well thought of as well. This just shows we are indeed going to be pretty ruthless. The fact that guys like Holt and Cudjoe are not on it may not necessarily mean they’re staying. It could just mean we’ve entered into extension discussions which may yet not come to anything.

Amazed Birighitti is being released though.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Scott McMann stands out there. Also Flynn Duffy - I thought he was well thought of as well. This just shows we are indeed going to be pretty ruthless. The fact that guys like Holt and Cudjoe are not on it may not necessarily mean they’re staying. It could just mean we’ve entered into extension discussions which may yet not come to anything.

Amazed Birighitti is being released though.
    "Initial squad update" - as you say might be a few more to come in the days ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    mochrie and Mcmann away and kept Cudjoe. Surprised at that
    And Meekison too.
    So that debate is finally done.
    Mochrie Glass Meekison...

Honestly the only one from that list I'm bothered about is Mochrie, although I can understand why with us moving up a league and he hasn't forced his way into the team like Fotheringham and Graham. I did hope the 3 last minute winners from him might have swayed it though.
    Don't like seeing any of young players being released but if there is something there technically there maybe just isn't enough mental strength to realistically make an impact.
    Wish McMann well but I think we need to look for better.

It’s harsh

Like others I had hoped Glass Meekison and Mochrie could make a big impact

They contributed but ultimately hard to argue against

JG seemed not to like Flynn as he played McMann during injury rather than put him in. McMann is a shock

Birighiti is away 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Ultimately I am happy for JG to make the tough decisions.

Look at the funsters

Better to get a quality left back in on loan than try with someone who is not quite good enough

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    It’s harsh

Like others I had hoped Glass Meekison and Mochrie could make a big impact

They contributed but ultimately hard to argue against

JG seemed not to like Flynn as he played McMann during injury rather than put him in. McMann is a shock

Birighiti is away 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Ultimately I am happy for JG to make the tough decisions.

Look at the funsters

Better to get a quality left back in on loan than try with someone who is not quite good enough
    With McMann and Duffy away we'll be signing at least one left back, maybe 2 if he won't play Holt there in the Prem. Wonder if we've agreed a deal somewhere.

bit gutted for Mochrie, wins the league for us and 2 weeks later released. As quick with the ball as without but ultimately never got going for us for whatever reason.

McMann - mistake letting him go united we have two that are atleast as good lined up, we'll need two left backs

Mochrie - this is the other I think is a mistake, he's very talented and drives forward and can take players out of play especially when they are tiring, needs a bit more belief but would have kept him for sure

Can't help but think we'll regret atleast one of these

Just hoping it's because we have some really good gems lined up

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    McMann - mistake letting him go united we have two that are atleast as good lined up, we'll need two left backs

Mochrie - this is the other I think is a mistake, he's very talented and drives forward and can take players out of play especially when they are tiring, needs a bit more belief but would have kept him for sure

Can't help but think we'll regret atleast one of these

Just hoping it's because we have some really good gems lined up
    Goodman will be sacked by October I have always thought that. Cant get a team playing football, got out of it by going long and playing for 2nd balls wont work in the top division.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    Goodman will be sacked by October I have always thought that. Cant get a team playing football, got out of it by going long and playing for 2nd balls wont work in the top division.
    It's a worry, but maybe for a different thread?

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)