+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a squad for the Premiership

McMann - solid player and been good servant but I think championship is his level.
    Mochrie - mistake to let go, he’s still young and didn’t get that much game time in comparison
    Meekison - ditto and hampered by injury
    Glass - probably attitude and lack of pace but then so did people like Charlie Adam and Harkins, but despite the fact that they were DWs both had great ability to turn games. Glass in my opinion has that ability.
    Cudjoe - I like although a bit lightweight but there is good ability there.

I’ll be annoyed if any of the above are being punted to make future offers for Tilson and Grieve, just have a bad feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    It's a worry, but maybe for a different thread?
    your right, leave it till gameweek 4 next season hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    McMann - solid player and been good servant but I think championship is his level.
    Mochrie - mistake to let go, he’s still young and didn’t get that much game time in comparison
    Meekison - ditto and hampered by injury
    Glass - probably attitude and lack of pace but then so did people like Charlie Adam and Harkins, but despite the fact that they were DWs both had great ability to turn games. Glass in my opinion has that ability.
    Cudjoe - I like although a bit lightweight but there is good ability there.

I’ll be annoyed if any of the above are being punted to make future offers for Tilson and Grieve, just have a bad feeling!
    Crazy to think Mochrie was at Man city and Liverpool for trials as a teanager, potential is there if he can realise it, some dont.

Meekison and Glass good technical players and wee cudjoe is always fun to watch

Not a single player in that list that I'm bothered about. McMann is a shock, but only as I thought the manager liked him. The rest haven't done anywhere near enough to show they are good enough for the Championship, never mind the Prem.

Hopefully the management team are doing what they did very well this season, and are going for a horses for courses type oh thing.

I had my doubts at times this season about a few things, yet , here we are, can't really argue, credit due etc...

Now...hopefully a wee bit better pot to dip in to. Season tickets sales (not sure if they count) better sponsors maybe? TV rights etc. Might allow us to punch above our current weight, to stabalise the ship, for Europe, the season after...

Seemingly, it can happen...

Further to today’s announcement of course is that we as yet still don’t know what is happening with the Brentford/Brighton thing, particularly now that we’ve achieved the primary goal. Perhaps today is a prelude to bigger and better things on the horizon potentially?

I thought Mochrie would have been kept as he has the ability to drift past players and stick the ball in the net. Craig Moore had one good game at Ibrox and injuries after that have probably led to his release.

We're needing clever midfielders who can take the ball under pressure. A playmaker and a goal-scoring midfielder would be nice. A Telesnikov kind of player along with a Brebner/Miller type would be great.

Is the boy Jack Grimmer formerly of Aberdeen a left-back?

Most these youngsters can go on to make good careers for themselves, getting away from tannadice and playing regularly will possibly be good for them. Slightly disappointed to see mochrie go, I believe he has something, but can't say they didn't get chances. I suspect more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Most these youngsters can go on to make good careers for themselves, getting away from tannadice and playing regularly will possibly be good for them. Slightly disappointed to see mochrie go, I believe he has something, but can't say they didn't get chances. I suspect more to come.
    I think Meekison is the one.
    Guess we'll find out eventually.

It's a very bad reflection on our Academy.
    We need to stop developing 5 a side players who might become pros and start developing athletes who can play Premiership football.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)