+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott McMann

Really liked McMann. He really grew in confidence this year after being hung out to dry last year. Either we have someone much better lined up or we are looking to play wing backs. None of the young lads have done enough but all could still make it at this level and should gets gigs.

Makes me somewhat excited like we really mean business in transfer market. We'll see though I guess...

Have to hope this is merely a sign that we're aiming for a large upgrading on the entire team but that brings it's dangers, Scott wasn't anywhere near any list of potential departures in my world. Best of luck to him.

Bit disappointed we have let McMann go. Wish him all the very best.

Cheers Scott.

Good luck to him, one of our most consistent performers this season. I think we can upgrade, maybe get some pace in the side, and Holt can provide cover, assuming he is kept on. Saying that, I thought getting rid of Nicky Clark was the correct move if we wanted to move forward, and we proceeded to replace him with a 16 year old and launch the ball to fletcher to knock down to no one when Clark would have been perfect for that tactic.

McMann is a good player

Just look at his set up for Watt on Friday

Always committed and served us well

Disappointing but ultimately it is a bold move and have to trust JG that he thinks he can bring in better

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    McMann is a good player

Just look at his set up for Watt on Friday

Always committed and served us well

Disappointing but ultimately it is a bold move and have to trust JG that he thinks he can bring in better
    Thing is we'll be facing far better sides than we did on Friday, every week.

One of my favourites soon after he arrived, but then came the doon season and he was fecked about from pillar to post and had absolutely zero support from the 2 wallopers beside, and the one behind. Really enjoyed him bombing up the wing and into the box this season so thanks for the memories, but it seems move on we must.

Clearly a left back has been identified. Flynn Duffy played left back also and has been moved on. Holt might be a back up option but whoever is coming in I wld hope wld be an upgrade on macmann.

Mcmann definitely played his part in getting us promoted and I’m sure he will have no difficulty getting a new club. All the best.

I still think it would have been clever to have McMann as a back up at worst, that's strengthening properly, now means you need a couple who can fill that role

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I still think it would have been clever to have McMann as a back up at worst, that's strengthening properly, now means you need a couple who can fill that role
    If they keep Holt he could provide cover if you have both him and Graham. Unless Goodwin decides to play miller Thompson at left back again!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)