+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 📺Pitch Reconstruction Update

📺Pitch Reconstruction Update

Great update Swale. Any idea of costs for all this? Won't be cheap. Atleast they have brains & thinking of the future & not just here & now.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Fleet of machines there when I went to the ground on Tuesday, seriously heavy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Great update Swale. Any idea of costs for all this? Won't be cheap. Atleast they have brains & thinking of the future & not just here & now.
    No one has mentioned costs but I would imagine it would be upwards of £1m. The under soil heating alone is around £500k if Trew and Hardy were to be believed. The SLS pitch can cost between £500k to £1.5m plus all the other work going on

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    No one has mentioned costs but I would imagine it would be upwards of £1m. The under soil heating alone is around £500k if Trew and Hardy were to be believed. The SLS pitch can cost between £500k to £1.5m plus all the other work going on
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Wow.
    Yeah, next time anyone thinks the owners are penny pinching, just remember this figure!

Yeah, next time anyone thinks the owners are penny pinching, just remember this figure!
    I've certainly never suggested it.

It is extremely clear to me they are in for the long haul. Very long haul. Going as far as putting in the infrastructure for under soil heating tells you all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I've certainly never suggested it.

It is extremely clear to me they are in for the long haul. Very long haul. Going as far as putting in the infrastructure for under soil heating tells you all you need to know.
    I didn't mean yourself, just people in general

I didn't mean yourself, just people in general
    I think people in general have on the whole have started to believe in the long term commitment of the owners. But of course there remain some doubting Thomases who miss the boom and bust thrills we've been accustomed to and are still awaiting a marquee signing and Championship in 5 years.

It's just that I'm not as young as the owners

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I think people in general have on the whole have started to believe in the long term commitment of the owners. But of course there remain some doubting Thomases who miss the boom and bust thrills we've been accustomed to and are still awaiting a marquee signing and Championship in 5 years.

It's just that I'm not as young as the owners
    And there are some who hunger for a final dollop of success before the curtains slowly close. Be great to be a 20, 30, 40 year old and watch it all come to fruition.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast