+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you go for this deal?

JCH is out of contract. He will have plenty of offers .

I think Hugill, Eaves and Nombe are a pretty good starting point for next season.Remember chances were very few and far between and I think all 3 will look far more effective with a stronger team behind them in the league below.That's not to say SE won't want another striker but I just don't see JCH as the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    JCH is out of contract. He will have plenty of offers .
    But at an age where he will be looking for a 3 year deal given suitors won’t have to pay a fee now they can put that into the deal..

JCH is too similar to our other strikers, big lumps up front. If we sign another forward he would surely have to be a different style of player, either a mobile space creating/finding pacy one, a fox in the box right place at right time one, or a nippy, tricky wide of a front 3 one.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    But at an age where he will be looking for a 3 year deal given suitors won’t have to pay a fee now they can put that into the deal..
    We're definitely the right club to offer a 3 year deal to a 30 year old... shame he returns a decent goals per game number or he'd be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSquirt View Post
    JCH is too similar to our other strikers, big lumps up front. If we sign another forward he would surely have to be a different style of player, either a mobile space creating/finding pacy one, a fox in the box right place at right time one, or a nippy, tricky wide of a front 3 one.
    Jamie Vardy still hasn’t finalised his deal with Leicester…. he’s a true fox in the box….. oops I’ve just remembered gru doesn’t like anyone approaching or is actually 30+ so that’s a non starter as Vardy is way over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Unlike previous occupants of the managers chair I don't think SE would have issues with problematic characters
    In the past he seemed to marginalise players he doesn’t want \ get on with with ain’t good for squad places or Tony’s cash reserves

No

JCH could have done better with us. Had an attitude problem and was let go.

That screamer he scored (v Leeds?) was brilliantly struck and after that he was useless.

Kioso Id be keeping. If Boro want him they can pay top money.

We've got a better chance of going up compared to the serial bottlers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post

Kioso Id be keeping. If Boro want him they can pay top money.

We've got a better chance of going up compared to the serial bottlers anyway.
    We should now try and poach some of Peterborough,s better players. I can see the red mist descending already
    Hopefully better than Jon Taylor and Joe newell

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    We should now try and poach some of Peterborough,s better players. I can see the red mist descending already
    Hopefully better than Jon Taylor and Joe newell
    Joe Newell. I liked him then he suddenly couldn't be bothered.

Frecklington was ex Posh I think?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast