+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 📺Pitch Reconstruction Update

That’s some investment, with the nest purchase plus the renovation of it, surely they’re getting towards 3 million.
    These guys are switched on, trying to get us sustainable is a very sensible strategy as we will probably see more clubs go bust, then the league will bring in stronger FFP type rules in and it will be the clubs that are bringing in the most internally raised revenue that will succeed, obviously we need to be doing positive on the pitch too.

As always actions speak louder than words and that’s one thing I’ve admired about our owners in the five years they have owned the club. No big promises or statements of this that and the other in x amount of time. Just quietly and unassumingly going about running the club how they see fit and giving updates just slightly ahead of time that projects are starting.

It can’t be underestimated what an investment this is for a league two club. It must be biggest single investment in the playing surface and future proofing it and the stadium since it was built. Not forgetting the nest as well.

It basically means any club at any level could play on this pitch in the future and there is the potential to not have to postpone games in the winter as well.

Also if Forest need a temporary home then our ground will be fit for purpose.

Yes agree, we are so far ahead of the stags and cheaterfield in this regard, just hope we get it right this season on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    As always actions speak louder than words and that’s one thing I’ve admired about our owners in the five years they have owned the club. No big promises or statements of this that and the other in x amount of time. Just quietly and unassumingly going about running the club how they see fit and giving updates just slightly ahead of time that projects are starting.

It can’t be underestimated what an investment this is for a league two club. It must be biggest single investment in the playing surface and future proofing it and the stadium since it was built. Not forgetting the nest as well.

It basically means any club at any level could play on this pitch in the future and there is the potential to not have to postpone games in the winter as well.

Also if Forest need a temporary home then our ground will be fit for purpose.
    Might even put us in the frame for U21 internationals perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Yes agree, we are so far ahead of the stags and cheaterfield in this regard, just hope we get it right this season on the pitch.
    I doubt whether Mansfield will be too bothered about us having a better pitch. They have just been promoted playing on a crap pitch.. At the end of the day its all about results. As for us, then surely we only needed to resurface our own penalty area, because thats where we usually play most of the time...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I doubt whether Mansfield will be too bothered about us having a better pitch. They have just been promoted playing on a crap pitch.. At the end of the day its all about results. As for us, then surely we only needed to resurface our own penalty area, because thats where we usually play most of the time...
    Well that’s short term isn’t it, the more the bros do like the sound system, the nest, the pitch and around the pitch looking bang on it enhances the experience and more come back. Yes we need to perform and ideally playing attractive football too.
    End of the day they still don’t get many down there, the stadiums an embarrassment and it’s took them 5 years to get out of L2, their hardly a roaring success story and will need a cash injection from the owners to compete in L1, I don’t think we will as much IF we get there.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Well that’s short term isn’t it, the more the bros do like the sound system, the nest, the pitch and around the pitch looking bang on it enhances the experience and more come back. Yes we need to perform and ideally playing attractive football too.
    End of the day they still don’t get many down there, the stadiums an embarrassment and it’s took them 5 years to get out of L2, their hardly a roaring success story and will need a cash injection from the owners to compete in L1, I don’t think we will as much IF we get there.
    I think you've misunderstood Durham's post. He's only on about leaving one penalty area looking like Bradfud, the other will look like Wembley and that's where we'll score all our goals

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I think you've misunderstood Durham's post. He's only on about leaving one penalty area looking like Bradfud, the other will look like Wembley and that's where we'll score all our goals
    That was only his last line tbf 😂

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123