+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts---Bolton-v-Barnsley..Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg

We have Sammy Cosgrove and Jalo, as possible good options up front for next season.
    We also apparently have an option on Grant, and we have Donny Pines to come back, at the back.
    And we even have Lopata as well, who I do actually rate more than Mael DG.
    Who do we sign as keeper ehh, as Roberts will probably go back, and Im not bothered if he does actually.
    And the biggest question of course, is who do we sign as the new coach/manager/puppet ?. 🙁

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Burnsley White kid lol (btw I say that, because I also post a lot on Burnsley mad as well). 😁
    I like your posting on here mate, and I say a begrudging well done for your teams win over the two legs.
    If only though ehh, if we'd turned up at home a bit more, instead of leaving it till an hour before having a go. Who knows ehh!. 😕

Cheers Acido, I only try to tell it as I see it and I think if you ask any true Wanderers fan they’ll say exactly the same as me about last night. As others have said though, you really lost it at Oakwell but to be fair I think over the two games we probably just shaded it. What I do think is that your team really restored some faith with that display and if nothing else it bodes well for next season. If they can show that desire and commitment and you can add a few in the summer you’ll definitely be challenging again. Whether we’ll be there is still the question but if we are I’m not looking forward to facing you as they’re always really tough games. Living in Barnsley I know from friends here how important the club is, just like in Bolton really, two “proper” football clubs, neither of who should be in this division. I hope we’re first out next week but then I wish you all the luck to make it yourselves next season. As you proved last night, nothings ever certain in football so we just have to keep believing. 👍😁

An excellent second half showing at Bolton but we left ourselves too much to do in the end.

The two games against Bolton summed up the season really--generally poor at home and much better away with a defence always likely to concede two or three goals a game and a seeming inability to put two good halves of football together in one match.

Once the emotion and pride at the second half showing subsides the cold facts are still here to be faced--

-the club is skint facing a £5 mill deficit in income over day to day running costs next season

- the annual need to sell the better players with no hope of gradually building a team

-the annual need to find a new Head Coach

-this will be the third summer under the "new Board", now with a restructured team of Senior Officer personnel to work with, mainly Flatman and Sormaz. They need to crack on immediately. They have been very quiet so far, have sacked Collins at a time most clubs wouldn't have and have messed up on the first attempt at a replacement.

Spectemur Agendo

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    An excellent second half showing at Bolton but we left ourselves too much to do in the end.

The two games against Bolton summed up the season really--generally poor at home and much better away with a defence always likely to concede two or three goals a game and a seeming inability to put two good halves of football together in one match.

Once the emotion and pride at the second half showing subsides the cold facts are still here to be faced--

-the club is skint facing a £5 mill deficit in income over day to day running costs next season

- the annual need to sell the better players with no hope of gradually building a team

-the annual need to find a new Head Coach

-this will be the third summer under the "new Board", now with a restructured team of Senior Officer personnel to work with, mainly Flatman and Sormaz. They need to crack on immediately. They have been very quiet so far, have sacked Collins at a time most clubs wouldn't have and have messed up on the first attempt at a replacement.

Spectemur Agendo
    And theres the result of the FA enquiry to come. Who knows what that might bring?

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    And theres the result of the FA enquiry to come. Who knows what that might bring?
    True Eths. The EFL Investigation has been going on so long I had forgotten abart it.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    True Eths. The EFL Investigation has been going on so long I had forgotten abart it.
    Lets hope the EFL have also forgotten SB

Still sick as a giraffe wi a stiff neck
    Cosgrove gone up imo
    Keep thinking about animals post about when new consortium took over:
    In the championship with a £5m kitty
    Where the fork r we now?
    You guys have highlighted the perils we face
    A FORWARD THINKING BOARD
    EE AYE ADIO I DONT THINK SO
    You keep the faith young nudger

I hope they aren't going to give us a points deduction, for next season. 😕
    And I'm sure we're all wondering why on earth it's taking them this long, to sort it out.

Maybe this is a dumb question but why don’t you keep Disco as manager for next season? I think he’s really raised his profile over those two games against us and he seems not just a thoroughly decent bloke but also fiercely loyal to the club? I know he said after the tie he didn’t want it but I can’t believe that. Once you’ve had a taste it’s difficult to go back and I’m sure after Tuesday he knows exactly what needs doing. He may also work out cheaper because he’s already there and won’t be making demands and what happens to his position if a new coach comes in and wants his own coaches around him? I think you could do a lot worse personally and if I were management I’d be trying to twist his arm. ��

To answer your question bw
    Discos got a cushy number as a coach/assistant and could go on for years
    Once he takes hc role and inevitably gets sacked at some stage he’s on the sh1theap thereafter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast