+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Frank…

Hello Frank…

How are you keeping,you enjoying the good weather thst we’ve been having lately?

Im am as well as i can be, for someone who had an ape for a grandfather, not that long ago either, that time is endless, and grandpappy was swinging in the trees a second ago.

Like yours. And indeed that your branch of apeism has developed the Judas Iscariot theme, of being one thing then another. Do you eat bananas?, i dont, never could eat them they taste weird, gooey, bad.

How would you rate your virtue? that god gave you sublime ability, yet you chose the equivalent of stealing ducks, or using a stick to write nonsense in wet sand, to be washed away.

Have you no grasp on who you are.?

The answer is yes, that if you leave a mark behind after your death, it will be a fossilised turd in a layer of rock, and of that, it had travelled not from your bowels, but that of a dingo.

That your lack of impact on this world could be summed up in football terms, that 86 goals conceded last season by County, is an accurate description of your life story.

Your belief in god is much needed, that prayer for repair must begin urgently before things go to far, that your next carnation will be that of a gila monster, that is, if your next visit to carnality is of this world.

If it is not, then i wonder if the reports of demons by near death experiencers are of such, that even demons need to exist and be real, that that will be your fate.

You will welcome the newly dead to hell, knawing on there ethereal bones, cursing their failure in life, mocking, laughing, spitting.

Turn away from such a fate....repent, or you will burn for eternity.

Erm, that’s great Frank,glad to hear that everything’s good with you,I love bananas in custard if that helps in who I am?
    Last edited by chaincey.ncfc; 12-05-2024 at 12:03 PM.

I watched an old movie last night Frank with Burt Lancaster called The Swimmer,have you seen it?

In one scene he is teaching a young boy how to swim and takes him to an empty pool to learn,you’ve got to imagine that it’s full of water he tells the boy before leaving,as he goes he turns around to see the boy jumping off the high board into the empty pool,maybe that’s what religion is all about,believing what people tell you until it’s to late to realise the truth?

Yes, what did you make of it?, all of it. As above, are you suggesting religion is bunk?

I’m not a believer Frank, but I was told by a priest that I was a Christian because I live by Christian principles. In fact, he told me that I was more Christian than some of the folk that go to his services. Work that one out.

That’s absolutely true griff,just because people go to church and pray every Sunday doesn’t mean that they are Christian,you have to live a Christian life to be that and that’s why some atheists get into heaven and some believers don’t,if you are living your life the best that you can and do no harm to others and are a nice person who helps others if he can then you are Christian in Gods eyes even if you don’t like it,the church that I go to has had some chancers in the past that should be ashamed of themselves

Stefan once was amused when he heard about a bishop (or someone) who said that he would pray for a well known atheist who was ill,there is nothing strange in this if the atheist was a decent person,he was saying a prayer for the person that he thought led a good life
    Last edited by chaincey.ncfc; 13-05-2024 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    Yes, what did you make of it?, all of it. As above, are you suggesting religion is bunk?
    I don’t know what I made of it tbh Frank,is there a moral to the story for starters?

Thats easy griff. You are caring, compassionate, dependable, industrious, kind hearted, loyal, organised, practical, protective,sensitive, warm and observant. On the down side, you tend to repress your emotions, are a creature of habit, dislikes abstract concepts, wants to avoid confrontation, dislikes change, and tends to neglect your own needs.

Like with predictocomp, you toil and get no credit, and doesnt want any. You tend to take things at face value, and call a spade a spade. You rescued me when i could not log on, you can regard this as a favour in return.

To use a building analogy, you are a piller that supports all, people like you.

Your personality could be described as christian, though your down to earthness wont accept absract things like god etc. I prefer to call it something else, it has been researched.

You are an ISFJ, thats intuitive, sensing, feeling and judging, or close to it. Your first function is sensing, that is you sense the world around you mostly in pictures. Self knowledge is like gold dust, log onto you tube and find the ISFJ videos, learn how to manage your self better.

There is far more to it, far more.

Chalky, the film is allegorical, or in religious terms a parable, its not meant to be taken literally, but represents something that is expressed in a way that brings together , in this case, an end result. The end result is Burt Lancaster, locked out of his own house, empty, forlorn, all gone, weeping.

Damn it, ive worked it out for you. Burt was a bas tard, and all fled, or is it a comment on all of our fates, that this is what happens to all.

Old and alone. You choose.

It was an interesting ending Frank and git me thinking well after the end credits had rolled,his downward spiral as the film drew on,the tennis courts that hadn’t been played on or maintained in years,how did he get to the first swimming pool,where does he live,where’s his wife and daughters and why has his house been abandoned?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)