+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will there be a fire sale in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    As regards the "fire sale" difficult to say as an outside observer with no knowledge of your finances but I would have thought that with parachute payments you should have enough to keep the better prospects, win the league and have another go at the prem with wiser players and evolved tactics.
    Hopefully the management won't f*** you over and go again.
    Hard to know exactly where we stand financially wander, but it's not good, ALK have taken out some huge loans against the parachute payments, and the auditors expressed some concerns about our ability to continue functioning as a going concern in the latest Annual Statement. That some players will have to be sold is inevitable, Mr Pace has said as much, but where this will leave us, who knows ?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I did not know Beyer was leaving BT.I thought he was injured.
    I read somewhere CiB that he hasn't been happy with the way his injury has been handled by the club, he's spent a lot of time recently back in Germany and wants to go back there. As always I have no idea just how true that is, it's just what I read.

It is not only selling players. The salary bill will be looked and higher earners sold. I think some contracts expire this summer. I am guessing that players JRod and Cork will be on decent wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    It is not only selling players. The salary bill will be looked and higher earners sold. I think some contracts expire this summer. I am guessing that players JRod and Cork will be on decent wages.
    As
    Cork, Taylor and Jay Rod are the last of the 40k a weekers, they are goners.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    As
    Cork, Taylor and Jay Rod are the last of the 40k a weekers, they are goners.
    Add Brownhill to that list.Last of the SD players will go this summer-maybe JBG will stay another year but I doubt it.
    Berge,Trafford and Odabert will be toast.
    Tresor,Amdouni and Foster should be off as they have been woeful.

We live in hope

Like others have said this summer will be the end of the Dyche players, they will all be off to reduce the wage bill.

Wouldn't no where to start with the out on loan Brits and the foreign flops.
    I expect plenty of wheeling and dealing and some wanting out

Should get a decent fee for Berge. Odobert possibly and maybe one of Trafford and Muric. Can't see anyone wanting to pay a fee for the rest, until a loan season has been completed

Hopefully some of these young lads show some potential next season and with a few quality loan signings, we can hit the ground running

There are some many elements to the situation.

As the stated modus operandi is to develop players and sell at a profit, I can see a scenario where every player is for sale. Although VK has picked a more settled side towards the end of the season, no - one appears to be indispensable if the price is right.

There are the loanees returning. Will they be part of the future? Will they be wanted or sold on?

The wages bill - Cork, JRod, Taylor and JBG. Are they really needed?

The players themselves - who wants out, who doesn’t want to be at the club?

Money - does the club have the finances to bring in new players?

Does anyone really want another summer of “all change” with a dozen new faces to integrate etc?

Your guess is as good as mine?

VK never came to terms with EPL teams high press which I still fail to understand given he was an exponent of the highest class in defending against it when he was playing. I hope his managerial nous is all the better after this seasons debacle.

Add Brownhill to that list.Last of the SD players will go this summer-maybe JBG will stay another year but I doubt it.
    Berge,Trafford and Odabert will be toast.
    JBG and Corky gone,Taylor and JayRod in talks.Brownhill to stay by the look of things.
    JBG and Corky wishing them all the best-both been brilliant for the club.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)