Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
So Wilson has another “ strain”? Jeez! I love the bloke but enough enough I think. If he would be happy to be a 3 rd choice, after Isak and anybody else we sign, then keep him, but I don’t think he would fancy that, so could end up in Saudi, for the cash.
I get the concept, but I’d say bring in another young player to give a 3rd option who can take over when Wilson’s contract expires.

All depends how close to the bone we are with money mind, if we have to sell him now to bring in another then that might be one of the hard decisions Eddie was talking about BUT if we can afford to keep him and bring in another real prospect then it would take the pressure off a new player and keep a proven goals scorer while the new lad gets up to speed with the club and Howe’s style of football… admittedly that’s a ‘cake and eat it’ option we might not be able to afford.

It would mean we can deal with inevitable injuries at worst and/or be able to manage Wilson to reduce the odds of him being injured by playing him when we really need him.

I’d like him to have another season and hopefully win something with the club next season too I guess.