+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ot northern lights

He was on here under a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    And did you do anything to verify that AI generated claim like it says..? Or is this a spoof of some sort..?

Name:  HAARP data.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  101.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    He was on here under a different name.
    Wrong again.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Are you and frog from the same cuckoos nest ?
    Be careful

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Optimist View Post
    That wasn't the Aurora.

It was man made by HAARP, based in Alaska.
    I assumed this was a joke, but it seems you might have seriously believed it.

With some basic understanding of the laws of physics you can realise why this isn't viable.

First, Alaska is really far away... even high altitudes way beyond visible range given the curvature of the earth.

Second, one of the most basic rules of physics is that you can't get more energy out of something than you put into it.

Imagine how much electricity it would require to add enough energy into the sky that it could be visible for thousands of miles.

HAARP doesn't have anything like the energy generation capacity required to achieve this.

This website gives a basic run down on HAARP.

https://haarp.gi.alaska.edu/faq

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    This website gives a basic run down on HAARP.

https://haarp.gi.alaska.edu/faq
    And that’s as much as I know about the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    I assumed this was a joke, but it seems you might have seriously believed it.

With some basic understanding of the laws of physics you can realise why this isn't viable.

First, Alaska is really far away... even high altitudes way beyond visible range given the curvature of the earth.

Second, one of the most basic rules of physics is that you can't get more energy out of something than you put into it.

Imagine how much electricity it would require to add enough energy into the sky that it could be visible for thousands of miles.

HAARP doesn't have anything like the energy generation capacity required to achieve this.
    Not so long ago I would have agreed with you, but the events of the past 4 years have driven me down a few rabbit holes leading to some remarkable discoveries.

I don't blame you for a moment for placing your trust in the controlled information fed to us, but in my experience they're far more likely to be lying to us from a position of power.

Talking of which, other than taking their word for it, how do you know they don't have the energy generation capacity? (Genuine question).

How do you know they have?
    Is there an echo between your ears?
    Get a grip man. Jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Optimist View Post
    Not so long ago I would have agreed with you, but the events of the past 4 years have driven me down a few rabbit holes leading to some remarkable discoveries.

I don't blame you for a moment for placing your trust in the controlled information fed to us, but in my experience they're far more likely to be lying to us from a position of power.

Talking of which, other than taking their word for it, how do you know they don't have the energy generation capacity? (Genuine question).
    It takes the combined forces of the sun and the earths magnetic field to create the auroras. A small scale experiment in Alaska really isn't going to compete.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast