+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your expectations of Patel this summer?

What are your expectations of Patel this summer?

Are we expecting him to dip his hand in his pocket or are we looking at more of a Jeremy Peace approach?

I’m expecting the latter, I think we’ll sell Fellows, gut the squad of the older highly paid players at end of contract and any incoming players will be funded by the sale and the savings.

I would expect the financial fair play rules plus what has happened to Forest and Everton to make him very careful with what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Are we expecting him to dip his hand in his pocket or are we looking at more of a Jeremy Peace approach?

I’m expecting the latter, I think we’ll sell Fellows, gut the squad of the older highly paid players at end of contract and any incoming players will be funded by the sale and the savings.

Can’t believe some think Patel is a hero already. Looking cool in a dapper suit with designer shades does not improve the squad! Maybe he will close season and then I will be one of the first to sing his praises. Lai was the new messiah when he arrived buying every fan a scarf and pint and then he was found out.

I agree with all you say Mick but I have a feeling Carlos will want to keep Bartley - Phillips - Reach etc. I hope not and some of the loans brought in have been s hite!

Gut the side - find young talent - pace and a fking striker for god sake! The dross - ageing and those not good enough including Wallace need to go. No time for nice guys picking up a big wage.

Over to you Patel to get your dollars out! Firstly a new Dan Ashworth needs to be appointed!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Can’t believe some think Patel is a hero already. Looking cool in a dapper suit with designer shades does not improve the squad! Maybe he will close season and then I will be one of the first to sing his praises. Lai was the new messiah when he arrived buying every fan a scarf and pint and then he was found out.

I agree with all you say Mick but I have a feeling Carlos will want to keep Bartley - Phillips - Reach etc. I hope not and some of the loans brought in have been s hite!

Gut the side - find young talent - pace and a fking striker for god sake! The dross - ageing and those not good enough including Wallace need to go. No time for nice guys picking up a big wage.

Over to you Patel to get your dollars out! Firstly a new Dan Ashworth needs to be appointed!
    Wallace won’t be going anywhere, he’s under contract until June 26, if I was him I wouldn’t be allowing myself to be forced out.

We gave him the contract, it’s not his fault we were that generous.

To have him oversee the building of a team that excites us to go and watch them every week!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Wallace won’t be going anywhere, he’s under contract until June 26, if I was him I wouldn’t be allowing myself to be forced out.

We gave him the contract, it’s not his fault we were that generous.

You are right! The clue with Wallace and Swift was no one else in the league wanted them on their salaries and they certainly are not good enough for the premier. Three main assets are Fellows - Palmer and Grady who would suit a more footballing side. Karlan Grant could be an asset to substitute for Baggie Bird!

I may be the minority but I think Wallace is one of our best players. Just played out of position which has contributed towards his form dropping.

Swift doesn’t suit what Corberan wants which is coordinated pressing in groups. He’d be brilliant at a side that plays decent football.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    I may be the minority but I think Wallace is one of our best players. Just played out of position which has contributed towards his form dropping.

Swift doesn’t suit what Corberan wants which is coordinated pressing in groups. He’d be brilliant at a side that plays decent football.

Yes Matt he can’t play in that position but even in his natural position he has no pace and can’t beat a man. Fellows has everything Wallace does not including pace and trickery!

Fellows twice the player and will go on to better himself. Nobody wanted Wallace apart from West Brom due to his high wage and he certainly wouldn’t do better than us now!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Yes Matt he can’t play in that position but even in his natural position he has no pace and can’t beat a man. Fellows has everything Wallace does not including pace and trickery!

Fellows twice the player and will go on to better himself. Nobody wanted Wallace apart from West Brom due to his high wage and he certainly wouldn’t do better than us now!
    Nah I'm not having that Al. Fellows is good but not great. I think bias comes into folks minds because he's young and homegrown. He's actually not that quick but his skill is that he's decent at beating the man once and then putting a cross in. He's come a long way this year but premier league also flatters Fellows.

Wallace is hard working and some of our best games this season he was a pest down that right wing. Take the recency out of the situation and he's clearly a quality player.

I'm sure the majority of the league would have bought Wallace if they had the means.

I think he’ll steadily and sensibly build the squad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)