+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harry Cardwell

He's not good though. We dont want Byers.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    You wouldn’t give Byers a contract at 27 for being too old. If he was available would you give Will Vaulks one at 30? A contract that is.

Be going in blind with players like Byers how often as that come off in the past especially players round that age not worth the risk. Players we give longish contracts to need to be with a view to progress into championship players.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Be going in blind with players like Byers how often as that come off in the past especially players round that age not worth the risk. Players we give longish contracts to need to be with a view to progress into championship players.
    As usual you haven't answered the question.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    As usual you haven't answered the question.

No to Byers. Give a years contract to Vaulks if available.

Both of those swfc players mentioned above didn’t want to join us in January so are they really the right type of characters to give us a good season

I hope we move away from ex players and those from S6. We need to do better

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Both of those swfc players mentioned above didn’t want to join us in January so are they really the right type of characters to give us a good season

Did they not want to join us or did SWFC not want to loan them to a relegation rival?

Did they not want to join us or did SWFC not want to loan them to a relegation rival?
    I've a hunch that had the Lindsay deal to Wrexham had gone through then money would have been spent on Vaulks

Who has since become an integral part of weds.

Warne wanted Vaulks back and we couldn't afford him. Imagine if we signed him instead in 22.

Yes that’s a distinct possibility. I heard an interview with Vaulks in Jan and he didn’t sound too keen on coming back on loan when the rumour was put to him though

Either way I’d still like us to move on from ex players and particularly recruiting from S6

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post

I would say that they are exactly the right characters ! Both of them had excellent games against us last season ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast