+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Euros 2024…

Euros 2024…

Exactly one month today the Euros kick off in Germany,who will be watching?

The first game will be Germany against Scotland on the 14th June which will be worth a watch as well as the opening ceremony,England have Slovenia,Denmark and Serbia in their group round

I’ll be watching Chalky, from the first kick-off. I’ll also be watching the kick-offs kicking off.

Quote Originally Posted by chaincey.ncfc View Post
    Exactly one month today the Euros kick off in Germany,who will be watching?

The first game will be Germany against Scotland on the 14th June which will be worth a watch as well as the opening ceremony,England have Slovenia,Denmark and Serbia in their group round
    I no longer have much interest in international football. For me FIFA and UEFA have killed it.

They have achieved this (largely for their own corrupt personal financial interests) by expanding international football to the extent that the domestic football calendar is now considered to be of secondary importance. The proof of this being that the majority of the English league programme is suspended at least 4 times each season for the infamous "international break".

These "international breaks" require allegedly over-played and fatigued players to travel all over the world to play in one-sided qualifying games or friendlies.

Despite the myriad of qualifying games UEFA has ensured there are still 24 teams left in Euro 24. This means that we will have to watch another round of predominantly uncompetitive qualifying games to reduce the 24 to 16.

What a farce. After 2 years of qualification games surely they could have devised a system to reduce the numbers to 16 as a maximum.

I can remember when there were only 4 teams in the European Championship Finals. In 1980 this increased to 8. For me this was the ideal number. 2 Groups of 4 progressing to semi-finals and final.

Sadly there seems to be no end to the expansion of the international game. In 2026 there will be 48 teams in the World Cup Finals (12 Groups of 4). This will inevitably mean even more boring uncompetitive games that no-one really enjoys.

What ever happened to less is more? Why not reduce the number of teams and increase the quality?

I might start watching the Euros when it gets down to the quarterfinals and the games start getting competitive, but as for the rest of the boring, over hyped bullsh*t, UEFA can stick it up their ar*e.

Did 2 England games in Euro 88,the Germans sure know how to organize a tournament.

Are we allowed to post on here as England fans ehh... as it's not very busy is it lol.
    Ok I think I might post as a San Marino fan called Bob, who has a Carlisle type Geordie accent. 😀

Geordies? How very dare you.

Tbf all northerners sound like geordies to me once you drive past Lancashire,it’s like they are gradually morphing into Scots

I’m ignoring you Chalky. Like the squirrels.

You doing a prediction league Griff?

Hadn’t thought about it. Not sure how it would work. Hmmm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)