Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
Forest moving to Toton would see the revenue of The Nest badly hit though. I'm sure the the money generated from Premiership away fans would have been in the costings for it.

I really struggle to see a reason for us to install undersoil heating, we had one game cancelled was it last season so makes no sense. Aren't winters suppose to be getting milder due to "climate change" so we'll never need it. Maybe that and the Premiership style pitch is as mentioned to allow Forest to use Meadow Lane in the future.
Forest won't move, moving to Toton won't see them increase their attendance, in fact, moving them to Derby territory will see them drop potentially. Its like when they planned to move to Gamston, never happened again because they're moving out of where their fans will go. The only transport link I the tram, very few facilities in the area for 40,000+ every other week. They don't need anything more than 40,000, it's only since they've gone up that they've actually sold out which says everything you need to know.

The under soil heating was added now because it is a requirement for the Championship, now it could be we never get there but as this kind of pitch renovation happens maybe once a decade shows the ambition of the owners.