Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
It would be funny if they come out with the “he was our number 1 choice” after what’s gone on.

As for Stendel, I’m not sure on this. I loved his passion and how we pressed teams but he had a good league 1 team when he took over and then got found out a bit when we were in the championship, particularly defensively.
I hear alot of people say this, but I think people only remember how he got them playing and not what they were when he joined.
Ethan Pinnock wasn't the player we know until Stendel came - there were glimpses of a decent footballer but he only played a dozen games and wasnt overly convincing. Liam Lindsay looked a better defender in the championship

Alex Mowatt - had been farmed out to Oxford the season before - I would guess if you asked Mowatt a turning point in his career it was down to Stendel - Mowatt looked on his way out into the non league and wasnt the player he is now until stendel came.

Kieffer Moore was god awful in the championship, and Stendel got a tune out of him

I think we under estimate Stendels influence on that team and its individuals.

Lets be fair with the championship season - we did the usual Barnsley thing and sold a winning team and expected to compete with half a new one - so Stendel was chucked under the bus