+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: League Two Signings Thread 2024/25

Not a signing but Morecambe only have two players contracted to the club for next season as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Not a signing but Morecambe only have two players contracted to the club for next season as of now.
    i thought it was one ?

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    I like the look of Sean Raggett, released by Pompy, a big lad at 6 foot 5.. I saw a few pompey games and he is completely no nonsense...would be a decent guy to get in the doors...so many players released from clubs that would improve us... its like playing football manager and looking at the free transfer lists ha ha ha
    Would be a great signing and just what we need (not sure RM and the bros would agree, mind), but I expect he'll get offers from L1 clubs.

Sean Raggett is he that tall some sights list him as 1.95m others including the official Pompy one at 1.81m
    If we are interested I suggest first thing is to get the tape measure out

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    Sean Raggett is he that tall some sights list him as 1.95m others including the official Pompy one at 1.81m
    Unless the rest of the Pompey side are as vertically challenged as ours, then he certainly looks taller than 5ft 11.

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    Not sure what his exact height is but he's massive. I think he played in that Lincoln side managed by the Cowleys - it was like the land of the giants with Ragget, Matt Read, Michael Bostwick and co.

To be fair, he'd probably struggle with the ball at his feet, so I doubt we'd even look at him. But as a defender who heads it and kicks it, he'd be great.

The complete EFL release list can be found at:-

https://www.ntt20.com/p/efl-release-list

and will be updated daily until the transfer window opens.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Thought it was worth starting a thread like this to cover close-season signings from rival League Two teams.

------------------------------------------

Chesterfield have got straight in there bolstering their forward line by signing both Paddy Madden from Stockport and Kane Drummond from Maccelsfield.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/c3gll337qj7o
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/cp6grdd3yg9o

Would you take any of these here? Madden is a big statement signing, but i'm not sure i'd want him in our squad (especially with McGoldrick getting on too). Drummond (former Liverpool trainee who scored 19 goals in the 7th tier last season) looks like an interesting gamble though.
    Why ask if we'd take any here, when they've signed for Cheaterfield, 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Why ask if we'd take any here, when they've signed for Cheaterfield, 🤔
    Wouldn’t surprise me if we saw local lad clucas rock up for a season

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Thought it was worth starting a thread like this to cover close-season signings from rival League Two teams.

------------------------------------------

Chesterfield have got straight in there bolstering their forward line by signing both Paddy Madden from Stockport and Kane Drummond from Maccelsfield.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/c3gll337qj7o
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/cp6grdd3yg9o

Would you take any of these here? Madden is a big statement signing, but i'm not sure i'd want him in our squad (especially with McGoldrick getting on too). Drummond (former Liverpool trainee who scored 19 goals in the 7th tier last season) looks like an interesting gamble though.
    Maddens alright but I don’t think he’s all that, he was certainly a statement signing when he dropped 2 divisions 3 years ago, but now at 34 is he that much better than a run of the mill L2 striker?

I don’t think we need anymore attacking players at the moment, we need to get a couple of quality senior pros with leadership qualities in CM and CB and make an exception that we might not get them at an undervalued rate and there will be no sell on price either.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast