+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Forest Crying (Again)

The thing is Mariankis hasn't got Forests best interest in mind, he will do whatever he can to up the sale price he's touting over in the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    If Toton happened, then over time we probably gain support on the east side of the city and have our own "territory" for the first time since the old Meadows were demolished. That would more than offset the lost income from hosting away fans for their games.

For what it's worth, I'll believe this actually going to happen when I see the wrecking balls at the City Ground.
    The wrecking balls will only move in after they have created their new ground.
    Surely they can’t seriously be considering Toton for their main stadium? Training complex maybe. I hope the County Council don’t allow them to just do what they want because they are desperate to get rid of the site. Or allow public money to be used to help it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I doubt that the decision was made on the basis of Forest attendances. Its rationale seems much wider than that though obviously losing a revenue stream will be disappointing.

We haven't installed undersoil heating, we've just put pipes in so that it can all be connected to a heating system if and when called upon rather than have to do extensive and expensive excavations again. They've obviously decided that the cost/risk of it not being needed is less than the cost/risk of it possibly being needed. A bit like an insurance policy really where you pay for it hoping you won't need to use it but grateful for it if you do. From my understanding the heating system itself (boiler etc) is the really expensive component on top of the excavation works (which we were doing anyway).
    They actually are putting the whole system in, they just won't use it unless there is a prolonged period of subzero temperatures that could lead to a bunch of games getting called off. Would still expect the odd game to be called off for a frozen pitch but we won't lose a couple of weeks worth of games

Don't think they are installing boiler. Palmer said if needed it would take nearly 3 months to fit & that is the most costly part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    They actually are putting the whole system in, they just won't use it unless there is a prolonged period of subzero temperatures that could lead to a bunch of games getting called off. Would still expect the odd game to be called off for a frozen pitch but we won't lose a couple of weeks worth of games
    That is not how I read the statement:

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...update-080424/

"We’ll also be taking the opportunity to install an undersoil heating system – although it’s important to note that, due to the costs involved, this won’t be connected to a boiler until such time we encounter consistently lengthy cold spells, where a number of matches are put at risk."

I'm fairly sure that the boiler costs were stated as being high in one of the on-line interviews or fans forum. If there is a boiler in place then surely it would not make sense to not connect it up. They don't have to turn it on.

Edit: Sorry irishpete, our posts crossed over. But that is how I recalled it, thanks for the confirmation.

They're installing everything except the boiler

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Me too. I'd be gutted if we moved. It would just never feel the same again. Meadow Lane is Notts County for me, and Notts County is football.
    Also if a sponsor ever tries to add to or replace 'Meadow Lane' with their moniker I'll be seriously annoyed!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    They're installing everything except the boiler
    So I don't read that, installing a boiler at short notice within 2 weeks isn't going to happen, read the statement, it will only be connected if there is a prolonged period of cold weather, the boiler will be there, it just won't be plugged and plumbed in

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    So I don't read that, installing a boiler at short notice within 2 weeks isn't going to happen, read the statement, it will only be connected if there is a prolonged period of cold weather, the boiler will be there, it just won't be plugged and plumbed in
    I'm sorry but I'm sure JP explained this at the fans' forum too. No boiler, just the plumbing.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm sure JP explained this at the fans' forum too. No boiler, just the plumbing.
    So they expect to be able to get a boiler in the middle of winter during a long cold snap? Why not just say we're putting in the prerequisite infrastructure for under soil heating.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast