+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 233 of 236 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2356

Thread: Ex-Dons

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Definitely Foster, the Elgin hun wánk. He still hates us if his TV summarising on the Youth Cup final is a barometer.

Coincidentally, I had a bit of business to attend to at Pittodrie yesterday, and we chose The Captain’s Lounge as a suitably quiet spot to discuss the matter in hand. When my colleague asked which of the tables looked down upon by photies of captains I’d prefer to sit at, I said, “anyone but Foster”. There may have been an expletive involved too.
    Are we to see the sign at our training facility to change name to "Vintage 57 Park" sometime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Hmm Derek Whyte? .... nae sure ... canna think there were better options during his time at our famous club .... but, he was a pretty decent guy ... unlike Foster an' Jack - and def a better fitba player than Darren Mackie ... though that's nae sayin' much ...
    )
    I thought he was honking as a captain. Didn't think he was that good as a player either, but far from our worse, but that's not saying much. I always remember seeing him stroll around Sainburys one day in a long black leather coat and wrap around shades, looking every inch a pr!ck.

I don't think Stewart was ever captain material. I think that decision was down to Goodwin, for whatever reason. I don't think even Stewart thought he should be Captain.

Foster though, that was Craig Brown who come up with that decision. I am sure there must have been a cleaner or a tea lady more deserving than him. It was bad enough he came back from his loan from the dead club, to make him Captain was sheer lunacy.
    Those were very dark times following the club.

Readin back, it seems Ah'm a bampot ... when Ah mentioned Darren Mackie? ... Senior moment! ... he wis nivver captain. Ah meant Darren Young

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Are we to see the sign at our training facility to change name to "Vintage 57 Park" sometime soon?
    Negatory, Pigpen.

A *proof-reading meeting, that’s it.

*Happy for it to be called “poňf-reading, in memory of my old team mate donsdaft.

Mark Kerr?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Mark Kerr?
    I'd forgotten all about him too.

Is there any place on the web where we could see a list of all our ex captains?

Sure we had a few other bombscares over the years

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Mark Kerr?
    Good shout! Ah'd also forgotten aboot him.... which spiks volumes!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I'd forgotten all about him too.

Is there any place on the web where we could see a list of all our ex captains?

Sure we had a few other bombscares over the years
    Here ye go min

https://aberdeen-fc.com/aberdeen-fc-...html#gsc.tab=0

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Cheers Neeps.

Willie Miller was captain from 75 until 1990.

Hard to believe some of the shyte that followed him.

Zander Diamond in at Broomhill (aka BSC Glasgow) in the Lowland League
    Masons neck of the woods IIRC

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/zande...466249217-ChLT

(apologies for link, I couldn’t find a better one and I think it’s hilarious. LinkedIn makes me roar with laughter ).

Was only speaking about him recently in remarking that Duk’s decline was even more rapid than Plugs.
    He’s my usual benchmark for players standards’ falling off a cliff and out of favour with fans.

Of course Duk had a lot further to fall than this pudding.
    Last edited by Bojangles9; 22-05-2024 at 01:12 AM.

Page 233 of 236 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235 ... LastLast