+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: League Two Signings Thread 2024/25

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    As long as no one gets injured we don't need any more forwards, we need a GK, this will probably be Ashby Hammond again and we need AT LEAST 4 new defenders, 3 who will be able to come straight in to the team and another as a squad filler, maybe need a bit more in midfield as well but Palmer will be back.
    I really hope its not Ashby-Hammond

Think we do need to get away from the midfield noticeably taking a dip based on one injury (Palmer). It is a debatable point whether our drastic dip in form was purely down to Palmer not playing but a lot of things have been attributed to his injury (JB not having MP doing the hard yards being one) and we shouldn't push our luck twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    We should be signing players on the way up in their careers - young but with experience - not last pay cheque types and not youth team novices. I agree, no need for a striker but two midfielders, three centre backs, maybe one wing back, a proven goalkeeper and a new coach.
    I agree. Players like Matty Palmer. He was mid-20s when we signed him and had played 200+ league games. We need signings of that calibre.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I think we'll definitely need another centre mid. Palmer, Robbo, Baj (assuming he signs), and one more. The one more should be good enough to push Robbo for a starting spot. I'd love us to sign Croasdale to play alongside Palmer to provide some bite and energy in the middle.
    I really want us to get an absolute quality CM, as if Palmer gets injured again we’re in the exact same boat again and I’m not even sure by sounds of it he’s going to be 100% ready for the start of the season nevermind the same player.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    We should be signing players on the way up in their careers - young but with experience - not last pay cheque types and not youth team novices. I agree, no need for a striker but two midfielders, three centre backs, maybe one wing back, a proven goalkeeper and a new coach.
    I’m a bit split on this, if there was a player out there around 28/29 with the right character and leadership either at CB/CM I wouldn’t be totally against it. JOBs a prime example of a player even at his age who still had the pride and dedication to give everything he had even though his body was probably telling him otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I’m a bit split on this, if there was a player out there around 28/29 with the right character and leadership either at CB/CM I wouldn’t be totally against it. JOBs a prime example of a player even at his age who still had the pride and dedication to give everything he had even though his body was probably telling him otherwise.
    28/29 is pretty much a player's prime, and you get a few more years after that as well, so no problem with that at all. I wouldn't want us to sign players well into their 30s though as they'll need replacing soon and aren't sellable.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I would have Madden over McGoldrick any day..
    Just another you have taken a dislike to though really. I think he's awesome and has plenty to offer with the right manager. We will see if SM is that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ajojones View Post
    Just another you have taken a dislike to though really. I think he's awesome and has plenty to offer with the right manager. We will see if SM is that guy.
    He was a player that we didnt really need, and was signed at the expense of strengthening our defence....

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He was a player that we didnt really need, and was signed at the expense of strengthening our defence....
    And you know that how?

Sarcevic has just left Stockport, 32, but the comments from their fans seem to be their very disappointed with it and say he’s got plenty left in the tank. I’d certainly offer him a years deal at Notts if he’s in a good shape, he’s just the type we need IMO.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast