+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilson bust up?

Wilson bust up?

Few rumours floating on fb and twitter that Wilson and Howe have had a fall out.

Apperently Wilson didn't want to be on the bench for Brighton game and has had a strop at Howe.

His 2 game injury cos he's downed tools to a degree.

He's also pulled out of a fan event tonight.

Could of course all be *******s and he's just really ill. . . who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Few rumours floating on fb and twitter that Wilson and Howe have had a fall out.

Apperently Wilson didn't want to be on the bench for Brighton game and has had a strop at Howe.

His 2 game injury cos he's downed tools to a degree.

He's also pulled out of a fan event tonight.

Could of course all be *******s and he's just really ill. . . who knows.
    If true they should rip the no9 off him firstly. Then get rid. As you say, could be bollox, as hes injured most of the time anyway.

My first thought when I read that was 'he's obviously really not well'.

And, even if he has had a fall-out with Howe, I think he'd still do a fan event. Everything I've heard and seen about him-including a private video he sent to a child at school with cancer, speaks of a man who genuinely cares about the club and fans.

I'd agree with you Zip, everything I've seen and read says that.

Yet . . . no smoke without fire usually applies somewhere.

Hopefully I'm completely wrong though, as it would be a terrible way for his career to peter out here like this.

Aye, Jammy. The fallout with Howe could be genuine, too.

Like you say, it'll be a big shame if it ends on a sour note.

Wonder if it'll affect the dynamics within the squad? Would think Wilson is a pretty popular guy?

Someone else pointed out that we stopped Wilson going to Athletico in Jan - maybe he wanted that move and it's been simmering since.

I would think he is popular to be honest, certainly gives that impression.

Howe has said he'll be avaliable for Sunday game. . . so hopefully this will put rumours to bed.

Like any manager, Eddie is 'loose' with the truth when it comes to injuries/team selection....and so he should be. Why give the opposition an advantage by revealing stuff in a pre-game presser.

But...I don't think he's into the whole full-on bullshit mode that some managers are...so when he said the other week that he'd like Wilson to stay and would do everything in his power to make this happen, i believe him.

i guess the question now is whether that feeling is reciprocated by Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    i guess the question now is whether that feeling is reciprocated by Wilson.
    And the ownership.

They might want to cash in on him whilst they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    And the ownership.

They might want to cash in on him whilst they can.
    in all honesty, I wouldn't be that disappointed because I know we'd replace him...and with someone who didn't have glass legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    when he said the other week that he'd like Wilson to stay and would do everything in his power to make this happen, i believe him.
    And that (in my opinion) is where he fails. You can't expect to progress with players who don't play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)